KSW50 - no sound

rholling424

Good evening friends.

I bought this powered subwoofer in '98 and it has performed nicely. Recently it has fallen silent. The red power light lights up instantly when power is applied and goes off instantly if switched off. If first switched to 'auto' and then unplugged, the light fades out within 2 or 3 seconds. When 'on' and disconnected from my receiver, I get no speaker feedback with a touch to the end of either left or right channel speaker rca cable. If I unplug the speaker, switch to 'on', then plug it into an AC outlet I get a thump from the speaker. (I did that only once!) Any ideas if this could be a cap issue or something more serious? If you believe this is a cap issue, can you point me toward a new one(s), please? I do not have an electronics bench but I've replaced several sets in my K speakers and they survived. I'm not one for dropping $100 at the repair shop without first investigating the issue.
Thanks for your advice and have a pleasant evening. h