For Sale: Cornwall IIIs

ddafoe

if i remember correctly there is a cornwall vault somewhere out there that can be used for shipping....

I'd bet if someone put in a message in lounge, there might be someone who can locate it.

Yea, the vault does exist. I contacted member rpampt who is in possession of it: "I do indeed have the vault stored in a shed here in IN....".

The vault would have to be shipped to MA, and then shipped to the buyer, and then shipped back to Rick so it not really feasible with the speakers originating from MA.

FedEx freight offers great rates assuming each speaker is put on its own pallet (~$180 shipped to IN), but that doesn't count getting a box large enough to hold them and getting them strapped to the pallet, and getting the pallets delivered to the FedEx freight depot (which is only 1 mile away on my side at least). The only box I have found that is large enough is 40x30x30 at ULINE.com and must be purchased in a group of 5 for $75 and then they only ship them Freight which is another $75 :(

For someone really keen on shipping them, these look like an interesting option: http://boston.craigs...4382953950.html, they would remove the requirement for a pallet and box.

Still, pick in MA or me driving a couple hours to meet is certainly the easiest assuming the buyer isn't coming too far. These speakers are just so big! I guess I should have better thought about their size before buying them. They were just too cool though to pass up on, and I always wanted a pair of a larger Heritage series model. I certainly wasn't disappointed in their sound quality!

The MO with the vault in the past was for the buyer to hold it until the next member needed it. So the vault would go to the seller, loaded, then shipped to buyer. If there is a designated holder of the vault I haven't read about it.

Keith

• Like 1

Yes; I would like to sell these big guys!

Not that there hasn't been lots of interest (none local though...) at the current price, but how about I drop the price down to $1600 to make it more tempting yet for someone to take a nice spring drive into MA to pick them up. That is a nice price for a great pair of CWIIIs with very little use on them...

• Like 1

Barbara Miller has also inspected many of my Klipsch Speakers. They have all turned out to be solid performers. Im sure these would also withstand the test of time. Credit to Barbara Miller!

I've got some Barbara Miller speaks myself!

oh come on now... 300 miles one way for CWIII's @ 1500 is insanely good.

jump in the car with 15 Franklins and get it done already. I suspect we'll never see this price again.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Probably. If they were local to me, they'd be sold :)

I've been looking for some larger sized heritage speakers for the rear. I was wanting walnut and to match my LS II's, but I haven't seen another pair for sale.

I'll bet if that ad had some nice photos with it, that might put you over the edge.

• Like 1

oh come on now... 300 miles one way for CWIII's @ 1500 is insanely good.

jump in the car with 15 Franklins and get it done already. I suspect we'll never see this price again.

Schu,

My wife has asked to speak with you. She has suggested a dark location at midnight. She also asked to borrow Thaddeus's shotgun. (I keep mine locked up,) Not sure what is on her mind. :)

:( I am surprised that a few bumps in the road has derailed this deal . I suppose the fact that i paid that much for a pair of cw 1 plus shipping, and have not consider the cost too much,with new woofer and some dIY changes to network ,no regret, i do wonder sometimes if i'm crazy. But we make the decision that best suite us. Hope you will get some closer to you.

I drove 300 miles just to listen to music with fellow forum members. Put on your big boy pants and go get them!

CECAA

Can I come to live at your house (and bring my audio stuff)?

Earl

I'm a little farther than your self imposed 150 mile limit.