A little "Free" Surfing Security

minermark

This is the Beta and it rocks, don't think your every mouse click is not being tracked and sold ?

Now you can see on every web page, who, and how many are stealing your every move, and selling it.

On facebook just a min ago all I did was sign on, 144 tracking hits, oh and by the way, it blocks every dam one of them!

Quite a little perk for free!

Takes aprox two min to install. you will sleep a little better knowing your web surfing is NOT being Marketed.

https://disconnect.me/

• Like 5

Once you get this cute lil program installed, there is a little green box in the lower right task bar, double click on that critter and see WHO the heII is watching/tracking your every click, it's enough to really pizz you off, just feel good that every thing your seeing IS BLOCKED from the time you install it.

P.S. Spread the word!

Edited by minermark

OK miner I put It on my laptop, Im guessing the number that pops up on the little D icon is the number of watchers ? is there a setting to block watchers or does it automatically block them

Joe

If your looking at the little green box, it is properly installed and not only showing you how many people are mining you data, but blocking it automaticly.

I liked this enough to send them 10 bucks the other day, and I don't do that often.

Edited by minermark

I thought id run this for a few days before I posted it here, just to make sure everything is on the up and up, and so far it works great.

Iv also researched everything on these guys (Developers) that I could find, if this turns out to be a real go getter for web security, after the Beta, I see it going to a pay app of some sort, im sure the beta testers(US) will get some kind of deal. so enjoy it and spread the word, the more people using it the better.

A bit more FAQs:

After you get this running (the little green box), go up to the top of it and click "Help" a web page menu comes up and it's interactive to show you the total control you have over who gets what or nothing at all......Green shading means blocked, Grey means they are collecting Data.

I also use Disconnect Search

So to use both Disconnect and Disconnect Search you need both downloads for each browser used? I have 2 laptops with 3 browsers on each so that would be 12 downloads?

https://disconnect.me/search

I don't have a knowledgable answer for you, but possibly yes. If you have a favorite browser that you don't want to be tracked on, and another that you might like to perform anonymous searches with, that would only be 2 downloads per machine. Might be a good way to familiarize yourself with the products.

• Like 1

I also use Disconnect Search

So to use both Disconnect and Disconnect Search you need both downloads for each browser used? I have 2 laptops with 3 browsers on each so that would be 12 downloads?

https://disconnect.me/search

I don't have a knowledgable answer for you, but possibly yes. If you have a favorite browser that you don't want to be tracked on, and another that you might like to perform anonymous searches with, that would only be 2 downloads per machine. Might be a good way to familiarize yourself with the products.

Iv not tried the search one yet, im pretty dam happy with Disconnect so far, one new thingy at a time for me.

• Moderators
It is a little spooky to search for a product, and then see it come up when you log into Amazon or another seller's site

Yes I did see this a lot, search to research something and much of it pops up later even just looking at news, kind of obvious your being tracked.

It is a little spooky to search for a product, and then see it come up when you log into Amazon or another seller's site

Yes I did see this a lot, search to research something and much of it pops up later even just looking at news, kind of obvious your being tracked.

My freak out is Facebook seeing things pop up on the right side that I looked a year ago, mining supplys and such, yeah im sure everyone gets ads for mining supplys LMFAO.......