SVS 25-31 PC subwoofer

Boris

Head over to www.hometheaterforum.com and do a search for SVS. You will find a large number of posts that throw heaps of praise on both the product and the company, especially the support that Tom and Ron provide. I am not one that likes to order something like this online. I like to hear a speaker or sub in person. Having said that I have to tell you that because of all the positive posts from SVS owners I couldn't help myself. I have a 20-39PC on order and I am anxiously awaiting its shipment.

You will not be sorry for ordering from SVS.

• 6 months later...

Well instead of starting another topic, I will just give this one a bump to the top.

I am really interested in getting a SVS 25-31PC and would like to hear all about peoples opinions of them.

Thanks,

Steve

------------------

Klipsch Quartets - fronts

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG 1.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KG .5's - rear side surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp (fronts)

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

Monster Cable M-series Speaker Cable and subwoofer cable

Monster Component, S-Video, and Optical cables

RS HT Gold Interconnects

Steve,

Don't know much about the 25-31PC but I have the 20-39CS w/Samson S700 amp and absolutely love it. For movies and music this combo just kicks a$$. I love the low-end on my Chorus' (wished they extended further than 45 hz) but when I really want to feel the bass, I turn the S700 on and just get goosebumps. I can rattle the walls with this thing and it still sounds very musical when playing CD's.

As a matter of fact, I should be getting my second one before the end of the year and can hardly wait. Tom Vodhanel (TV) told me I should expect another 6db of SPL when I add the 2nd sub.

If you ask me, there isn't a better sub on the market for the money. I don't think you can find better customer service either. Those guys are really fantastic! I have probably sent over 30 Emails to Tom and he has answered every one of them within a few hours. Try doing that somewhere else (Klipsch excluded). Smile.gif If you have any questions, send Tom an Email with your concerns...he'll tell it like it is...

Mike

------------------

Family Room

-----------

Hitachi 43UWX10B HDTV (16:9)

Denon AVR-4800

Acurus A200X3

Panasonic DVD-RP91K (Progressive Scan & DVD-Audio)

Dual CS-5000 Turntable w/Shure V15V-MR

DBX 3bx Series III Range Expander

Klipsch Chorus (mains - Acurus Amp)

Klipsch KLF-C7 (center - Acurus Amp)

Klipsch Epic CF-2's (rears)

Klipsch RS-3's (rear surrounds)

SVS 20-39CS Sub w/Samson S700 Amp

Monster HTS-3500 Line Conditioner

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Monster M-500 Component Video cables

Monster Datalink 100 Digital Coaxial cables

Radio Shack Gold Series & AR for all other audio interconnects

Bedroom

-------

Mitsubishi 31" TV

Yamaha M-4 Amp

Yamaha C-4 Preamp

Yamaha T-7 Tuner

Teac DVD Player

Dual CS-721 Turntable w/B&O MMC2

Looking for a pair of Heresy's

Myram,

Don't you have a spare amp or receiver around? If so, I would consider the CS line of SVS. Much more economical. Heck, you could even find a good cheap monoblock, or used power amp.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center in storage)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Myram, I agree with t-man (hey, that rhymes). Smile.gif I think the CS gives you a lot more versatility and if you get a good 2-channel amp, it gives you the opportunity to add a second one some time down the road (when you can afford it). If I'm not mistaken, the 20-39CS w/Samson amp runs you $50 more than the 20-39PC. In my book, that's $50 well spent. Regardless of which one you get, I think you will be happy with any of the SVS subs. Keep us posted with your progress...

Mike

This sounds interesting,all the reviews so far were very positive.I have yet to find a clown who bashes(hey BASH !)SVS subwoofers.

Like the HSU tube subs,SVS subs produce clean,deep and musical bass.I heard the SVS Ultra and all I can say is GREAT SUB.SVS subs have better drivers(woofers duh) then HSU from what I saw.

And even greater when used with a large Bryston amp.

Yes its always better to get a passive SVS and get a outboard power amp.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Well, for me the pc line from SVS is going to be perfect. I have no plans(or space) for a second sub in the future, and I really like the idea of an "all-in-one" unit that I can just plug and play. The SVS sub is perfect because of the small footprint, and the fact that it will be hidden even better then my current sub is.

One will be on order shortly, and once I get it I will post my review of it.