SOLD ! - NOS Valves NBS Tube Preamp - New/Opened Box - Price Cut

Cut-Throat

SOLD !! --- NBS Linestage - No Phono Section $1500, plus shipping. Save a few hundred Bucks and get one immediately.

I ordered this preamp last fall from Craig, when I was tracking down a noise issue in my system. I suspected that my Welborne Preamp was causing the extra hum. It turned out that I had a lot of ground loops, that I managed to cure. I was inclined to cancel my order, but did not want to put Craig out, as he had to order new front plates for the NBS for a Linestage only and No Phono Section. Craig has had enough problems in the last year and I did not want to add to them.

Craig wanted me to audition this preamp in my system as long as I was getting it shipped to me. I received this preamp on Friday, March 14, 2014. I placed this ad on March 17, 2014. I spent the entire past weekend Friday, Saturday and Sunday listening to the NBS, my Welborne and No preamp at all with just my DAC hooked directly to the amps. They all sounded great. Now that I have started Bi-amping the extra gain offered by a preamp is not needed in my system. And I only use my DAC as a source. The NBS went from the Box to on top of my Cabinet and back into the Box in one weekend. This is a great preamp, as the reviews have said. I simply don't need it.

IMG_4952_zps293e02a4-1.jpg

IMG_4956_zpsefd56b74.jpg

IMG_4951_zpsb5e5c3bc-1.jpg

Edited by Cut-Throat
  • Like 1

Just so potential buyers are aware this purchase will be treated like it was bought new directly from NOS Valves. The price is actually $400 below MSRP and $200 below the discounted forum price.

The NBS line stage has the identical 6H30 single stage AF amplifier circuit as the phono preamp on one set of outputs and an added 12AT7 cathode follower low impedance output on the second set of outputs for driving long cable runs or low input impedance amplifiers. Both sets of output can be used simultaneously like driving a tube amp with the normal output and a sub with the low impedance output or for bi-amping with tubes on the top and SS on the bottom.

If potential buyers have any questions shoot me an email craig@ nosvalves.com

Edited by NOSValves
  • Like 1