4 double stacked MWM's with no woofers FREE!

jwc

4 double stacked MWM's with no woofers (needs 8) FREE! Must Pick up by April 4th. Area Code 30110.

Yes. I was in the process of cleaning these up for use and decided to let them go. I am moving too....and I have too much stuff. I bought these from a guy in Maryland who owned a nightclub. He was getting a divorce and stashed them in an airport hanger. I paid a driver to go get them.

I have checked all the woofer screw-in T-nuts and they work. I have new stainless steel screws for installing 8 woofers.

The cabinet front cover screws are needed but the T-nuts for screw-in aren't damaged.. The seal on the front covers are intact.

Some of these were hung at some point and have eye bolt holes in the back.

The internal wiring intact. The back panel plates are there. Need new fuses and one of the cabinets needs a new fuse cap cover. One of the cabinets is missing the plastic portion of one of the banana posts to screw on the speaker wire. You could do w/o this if wanted. These small parts can be obtained from mouser.com or Partsexpress for cheap. You could bypass the fuses if you wanted.

Attempts were made to put cast frame woofers in these as you can see where the internal woofer chamber has been "shaved" in areas in order to make the fit. This is similar to how this might have to be done with Bob Crites cast woofer placed in a la scala bin. The cast frames have the same mounting holes but the overall diameter is slighlty more.

These need a paint job. One of the 4 had some veneer coming off the bottom towards the front. Probably from mixed drinks on the night club floor. :) I glue and nailed on a piece of thin plywood there. It needs to be sanded down even. There are areas where folks put their gum underneath the upper most panel. You would only see it if you looked up under there. You can sand these off easily if you wanted. I actually was gonna leave there as I thought it gave em character....showing these cabinets have seen some wild times (which I miss). I'm sure folks danced on top of these at one time or other. To be honest, I envisioned my kids dancing on these in my shop when I had them all setup. Was gonna put one MWM in each corner.

These cabinets are sturdy. Performance wise...they should be fine. Up to new owner on how well you want them to look. You could do nothing but handle the fuse situation and be done if you wanted and throw in woofers.

I guess whomever posts here first with interest gets the dibbs in order. Do NOT say you are interested and then PM me that you want more info or pics or something. I will bump the order if so. These are free dammmit!

No emails or phone calls please. Just PM me. We can talk on the phone once we know the deal is solid.

These are "as is". These are free dammmit!.....so don't give me any headache. They have to be picked up by April 4th bringing your own muscle. You can back up to the garage and load. No hills or steps. :).

• Like 3

Here is a shot. The MWM's with the Klipsch KPT-xii's on top are gone already. The two stacked and the two facing each other at the bottum of the picture are what are for sale (note red dots). These are Klipsch KP models not KPT.

post-14392-0-98980000-1395074295_thumb.j

Edited by jwc

The MWM's with the Klipsch KPT-xii's on top are gone already.
And we thank you for them... BTW, they are easy to load onto a UHaul trailer. We used four wheel dollies under them, rolled to the back, barely had to lift one end up onto the trailer with a blanket waiting. They slid right on...

Richard, are you able to get these (or did you this past weekend)?

Bruce