Robert B.

Welcome to the Klipsch Forums & Congratulations! Looks like a good deal to me.

Nice deal! Almost looks like damaged or rubbed to me in photo. I would give them some rubber like gentle treatment and see how they look. Not necessarily son of a gun, but leather treatment may work in a pinch. Look thirsty or dry.

Welcome & congrats.

• Like 2

I would just wipe the surround off with a soft slightly dampened cloth. Be careful around the speaker cone. you do not want to damage it. Both pairs of my Forte II suffered from the "white stuff" when I picked them up. After you have them for awhile it will come back, just wipe them off.

• Like 1

your woofers are probably just fine. I would be listening and reading before buying new woofers. As far as I know the K28 is the factory suggested replacement woofer since the original one is no longer made. The K28 is in my opinion not a very good option if your stock ones work fine and only have a cosmetic issue. You only have to hold one of each (stock and K28) in your hands to understand what I mean. Sure the K28 will work but it does not have anywhere near the motor of the stock driver. You can buy K28's from Bob Crites if you are interested I think about $125.00 plus postage which will be around $35 - 40.00 each. just my best guess so do check with Bob for exact numbers but there are close I think.

Your money will be much better spent on new crossovers and on titanium diaphragms for both the tweeter and the mid horns. Best regards Moray James.

PS: for those who have one damaged woofer in their Forte or Forte ll you would need to buy two new K28 to replace them if you want the left and right speakers to match.

Edited by moray james
  • Like 2