Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lifter

Mid Bass cabs.

28 posts in this topic

Im looking to get some mid bass cabs. No horn loaded. something with some 12s or 15s.. Im having the hardest time finding something like this. Do they exist or is this a special build??

Thanks

1 person likes this

Like THIS ? Or something more commercial?

uhmmmm.. I could probably make it work, but- yeah more commercial... And preferably passive..

Thanks

They need to hang with a few Danley TH 115s and Lascalas..

Then why do you want non horn loaded? Seems like you're limiting yourself. You'll need a bunch of direct radiators to keep up.

What frequency range are you trying to cover?

about 100-500.. I just thought the front loaders would give more punch..

Where will you put them?

photo-26725.jpg?_r=1392654532

ha ha ha.. Well im down to just the 4 LS, 4 midhorns, 2 tweets, and 6 Danleys.. So I have plenty of room.. B)

ha ha ha.. Well im down to just the 4 LS, 4 midhorns, 2 tweets, and 6 Danleys.. So I have plenty of room.. B)

And you're having issues with mid bass?

Well its the quest of "it could/may sound better with a little more of this or that"?? I just like trying different stuff in the mix.. And as you see I got rid of a lot but what i listed..

If you can find a pair look at the Urei 813, I had a pair for awhile, they had the most impact I have ever heard In mid bass, you could disable the treb horn. They were also very fast. I understand what your talking about I had edgar and oris horn systems and they were great but no real in your face impact. The sound was there just not as hard hitting as the direct radiator

I still have the plans (somewhere) of the bass cabs I built for my KP-250's. Each one housed a Peavey 18" Black Widow. Those things hit HARD. I remember using them at a party on my back porch one time. It had just rained and the water was standing on our flat topped garbage cans. The bins were about 10 feet away from the cans and the water was jumping off the cans like someone was hitting the lids with a stick. I ran each one off one side of a Behringer EP-4000.

Just get some used bass guitar cabs, which usually have 4 10" drivers.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

Hey Claude

Are you saying to replace the lascala driver ??, If so wont horn loading in the lascala cab take away some of the Impact ?? I know the sound will be there Im talking about the Immediacy and impact. Just curious How you feel about this

Joe

My new configuration... 2 more Danleys coming..

post-26725-0-72220000-1395181598_thumb.j

Edited by lifter