Promedia SWS Add-On Sub Connection Problem

vpmag

I have an SWS add-on sub hooked up to my Promedia 5.1 system. The mini-jack male connector pin that connects the SWS control module to the female control module port on the rear of the SWS sub produces loud noises through my speakers if the male connector pin moves or is physically touched in any way, however so slight. Could the female mini-jack control module port be defective? If so, can just this port be replaced? It seems to me that a tighter connection is required to eliminate the noise. What are your thoughts?

Edited by vpmag

Welcome to the forum. Are you talking about the SWLINK port? That is a standard RCA phono jack. If you are having this kind of difficulty, you can try another RCA cable, and if that doesn't work, replace the jack on the sub. They sell RCA phono jacks at Radio Shack for a couple bucks, but I don't know if they will stock one with enough depth to get through the wood of the sub. You can order online from them, and you can also get them at Mouser.com. My first thing would be a different RCA cord. Any will do for testing purposes.

Welcome to the forum. Are you talking about the SWLINK port? That is a standard RCA phono jack. If you are having this kind of difficulty, you can try another RCA cable, and if that doesn't work, replace the jack on the sub. They sell RCA phono jacks at Radio Shack for a couple bucks, but I don't know if they will stock one with enough depth to get through the wood of the sub. You can order online from them, and you can also get them at Mouser.com. My first thing would be a different RCA cord. Any will do for testing purposes.

I modified my original post to more accurately describe the problem.

Edited by vpmag