Sub amp failure-Epik Legend

derrickdj1

No problem. I just have to decide if it is worth it to pursue a problem on the board considering audio shop bench time or just get another amp and be done. A new pro amp will at least have a warranty. I just want to see if I can integrate it somehow into the HT. I do have the Berhinger amp that I can try after I disconnect the amp board from the speaker level terminal.

Edited by derrickdj1

No, the Epik amp failed. Changing the fuse did not fix the problem. I ordered a Behinger I Nuke 6000 DSP amp to power my Chase subs and put one of the I Nuke 3000 DSP amps on the Epik sub. Now I will have an extra I Nuke 3000 DSP amp. :) The new amp should be here this week. I may do a subs build like Holt and Scrappy did Good to see you again Audio Android!

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

Carl is responsible for about 60% of the speakers in my house, directly or indirectly. It's also because of him that I've managed to meet other DFW Klipschers such as Rudy81 and davis419b (also known as Rudy and Don). We have a 31 page PM thread...

I also blame carl for my DAC and Anthem Pre amp purchase, id say about all my speakers id blame Youth for and projector id blame Reference Head for. Derrick helped me through many decisins on my subs plavement and my old pio elite reciever purchase I only take credit in purchasing my Anthem Amps. Scarppy has helped me as well in many occasions. Reading through his threads I decided to build my in wall rack and if I do 18” DIY it’s because of his 4 beauties :/

No, the Epik amp failed. Changing the fuse did not fix the problem. I ordered a Behinger I Nuke 6000 DSP amp to power my Chase subs and put one of the I Nuke 3000 DSP amps on the Epik sub. Now I will have an extra I Nuke 3000 DSP amp. :) The new amp should be here this week. I may do a subs build like Holt and Scrappy did Good to see you again Audio Android!

sorry about this misfortune as I know the epik sub has been in your setup a while
  • Like 1

The Legend should be up and running before the end of the week. It will be behind the MLP/sectional or in a corner for max boundry gain. It should provide a better room response once integrated into the mix. The Legend can go down to around 16 Hz so, it should works with the other subs

• Like 1

I ordered a Behinger I Nuke 6000 DSP amp to power my Chase subs and put one of the I Nuke 3000 DSP amps on the Epik sub.
I thought I read you hooked up your new I NUKE to your Epik, sorry there was a lot of info on subs and amps in that thread......
Good to see you again Audio Android!
......"I've always been here"... :ph34r:.....Thanks though... :emotion-22: I actually did leave to FL for two weeks.

I ordered a Behinger I Nuke 6000 DSP amp to power my Chase subs and put one of the I Nuke 3000 DSP amps on the Epik sub.
I thought I read you hooked up your new I NUKE to your Epik, sorry there was a lot of info on subs and amps in that thread......
Good to see you again Audio Android!
......"I've always been here"... :ph34r:.....Thanks though... :emotion-22: I actually did leave to FL for two weeks.

I guess I was just not seeing your post. :rolleyes:

Carl is responsible for about 60% of the speakers in my house, directly or indirectly. It's also because of him that I've managed to meet other DFW Klipschers such as Rudy81 and davis419b (also known as Rudy and Don). We have a 31 page PM thread...

I also blame carl for my DAC and Anthem Pre amp purchase, id say about all my speakers id blame Youth for and projector id blame Reference Head for. Derrick helped me through many decisins on my subs plavement and my old pio elite reciever purchase I only take credit in purchasing my Anthem Amps. Scarppy has helped me as well in many occasions. Reading through his threads I decided to build my in wall rack and if I do 18” DIY it’s because of his 4 beauties :/

Lol. These forums cost a lot of money. It's one thing to have an idea and dream. But then you come on here and someone will teach you how to make that idea work. And then it's as easy as buying what you need.

• Like 1

Well, time to conclude this thread. The Epik will be scapped/trashed. I just ordered two Chase VS 18.1 subs. This will give me two VS 18.2's and two VS 18.1's. Craigh Chase said the vented subs can be tuned down to 16 Hz which will eliminate the need for a hpf.

At this point the sub is in the closet. Are you interested in the drivers? The drivers and cabinet are good. The cabinet is to heavy for reasonable shipping. After I get the VS 18.1's, I certainly will not have a need to keep or repair the Legend sub. When I said trash, that pickup is later this week. Let me know if you want the drivers.

Edited by derrickdj1