1957 Bozak - any one know of these?

Matthews

I am chomping at the bit, forcing myself to NOT go pick this up!!! My spontaneous spending sometimes gets me into trouble :wacko:

Has anyone heard of these before, 1957 Bozak B-305? Have not done any research yet. Kinda wanted to know what this forum may think?

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/ele/4375993652.html

Rock n' Roll ♪ ♫ ♪

so, I just contact the seller. He only has the one speaker. Seems a bit pricy? Possible center with the Scala's??? (very high cool factor :cool: )

Edited by Matt 1970
  • Like 1

Thanks Mach,

Do you believe this may make for an attractive and well suited center with my Scala's?

By the front looks like in decent condition and priced about what have seen before. If drivers are in decent condition may be worth it to find out. There are parts available on the net. Used mostly. They have used paper cone speakers that can deteriorate with time. Sortof a judgment call on your part until someone can better guess as to how close a match. if at all.

• Like 2

Thanks Mach,

Do you believe this may make for an attractive and well suited center with my Scala's?

They are probably a lot less sensitive than the La Scala. As I remember, most Bozaks required about 5 times as much power as the La Scala or Khorn. No problem if your center channel amp is big. It probably would not be a good timbre match, if that is important to you. Stereophile reviewed the Concert Grand, the big, big Bozak of the '50s/'60s (I think) and reported a considerable treble roll off. The La Scala has some roll off above 10K or so (good to 16/17K) as well, but, as I remember, it sounds brighter than Bozaks. All that being said, the Bozaks were very sweet sounding speakers, rich and full, great on cello.

• Like 1

I have a LaScala as center to Klipschorns. I think the most important thing is that the drivers (horns) be all the same. Same sound (timbre) output, the best center for LaScalas is a LaScala.

IMHO the Bozak B-305 direct radiator speaker would not be a good center for a horn LaScala. Perhaps a mono speaker in another room?

Did not take the direct radiator into mind. Agree! Bet it sounds good as a standalone speaker. I have 2 different mono speakers for another room and like to listen to jazz or whatever on them. Not Bozak though, but they have their own following.

• Like 1

I am chomping at the bit, forcing myself to NOT go pick this up!!! My spontaneous spending sometimes gets me into trouble :wacko:

Has anyone heard of these before, 1957 Bozak B-305? Have not done any research yet. Kinda wanted to know what this forum may think?

http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/ele/4375993652.html

Rock n' Roll ♪ ♫ ♪

so, I just contact the seller. He only has the one speaker. Seems a bit pricy? Possible center with the Scala's??? (very high cool factor :cool: )

Very nice looking. Those 50's monos can go for very, very good money in the right setting. Very good price although i would offer less. You should go listen to it though. Mono is a different sound. Good luck!

• Like 4