Is there a complete list of which theaters in which towns are using which Klipsch speakers, and when they were installed?

garyrc

... so we can know what we are listening to. For instance, I've heard that some Regal theaters use Klipsch, but which theaters and which speakers?

An online list would be great.

The theater managers (if any) seem to be largely clueless ...... or maybe I've just had bad luck.

• Like 1

Recently we went to see Robocop... We waited all the way through the credits and then asked the cleanup crew if we could see what speakers were being used... They said sure. We took a peak and saw that they were using JBL 2360A horns.

... so we can know what we are listening to. For instance, I've heard that some Regal theaters use Klipsch, but which theaters and which speakers?

An online list would be great.

The theater managers (if any) seem to be largely clueless ...... or maybe I've just had bad luck.

klipsch listed a local to me regal as a Klipsch theater. I went. Watched a movie. Then asked manager if they knew. Clueless. I went back in with my flashlight and started looking behind the screen and stuff. All EV stuff. Just use your phone flashlight when you go to see what they have. Management will never know. Cause they just call "the sound" guy when their is issues. Nothing is fixed in house. All contracted out.

• Moderators
there used to be a locator, but I can't find it, or even get the SITE Map to load, it's SNAFU

We had to take it down, it was so outdated. We're working on a new one. They are tough to keep up with!

• Like 3

• Administrators
there used to be a locator, but I can't find it, or even get the SITE Map to load, it's SNAFU

We had to take it down, it was so outdated. We're working on a new one. They are tough to keep up with!

also the sitemap page is currently not the most reliable thing currently undergoing some speed optimizations... but as Amy said, we're working on a new Theater locator. Sometime in the near future. Eventually ;-)

• Like 2

Thanks, Amy. Looking forward to the new list!

I wonder if the mixes sent to Klipsch, or EV, or JBL, etc. equipped theaters are any different .... optimized for those speakers?

Edited by Garyrc

also the sitemap page is currently not the most reliable thing currently undergoing some speed optimizations... but as Amy said, we're working on a new Theater locator. Sometime in the near future. Eventually ;-)

Lol. Thanks. Hope to see it soon.

• Administrators
also the sitemap page is currently not the most reliable thing currently undergoing some speed optimizations...

The Sitemap page is now more usable. -_-

[techiespeak]

Turns out I only needed to improve the query efficiency by about 65% to make that happen. Derp!

[/techiespeak]

The closest Klipsch Theater to me was the Regal at Opry Mills Nashville, before the flood, anyway. I haven't been there since they reopened.

It WAS just like seeing a movie at home. LOL!

I would very much like to have an online listing of Klipsch-powered theaters, again. And also advice on how to encourage new theaters to buy Klipsch.

Edited by John Albright
  • Like 1

The closest Klipsch Theater to me was the Regal at Opry Mills Nashville, before the flood, anyway. I haven't been there since they reopened.

I would very much like to have an online listing of Klipsch-powered theaters, again. And also advice on how to encourage new theaters to buy Klipsch.

Yes, they replaced them with all new Klipsch speakers. I was told with KPT-904, KPT-535, KPT-1201, KPT-684 and some MCM in the bigger rooms. They have been reopeded a year or so. There are over 20 screens, the place is huge.

rigma

Yes, they replaced them with all new Klipsch speakers. I was told with KPT-904, KPT-535, KPT-1201, KPT-684 and some MCM in the bigger rooms. They have been reopeded a year or so. There are over 20 screens, the place is huge.

rigma

Marion,

Here in Northwest AR we have several Malco multi screens. They all are Klipsch powered.

tc

• 2 weeks later...