FS: Klipschorns, Tube Amp & Tube Preamp

tnr

Beautiful 1988 oiled oak Klipschorns all original in very good-excellent condition. Consecutive serial #'s. A few small light scratches that are only visible under bright light. You have to look pretty hard and close to see them. The veneer on the left side of the bottom kick plate of one Khorn has a small chip. This is on the side of the kick plate and can't be seen from the front...down low and loosened while sliding on carpet. Conrad Johnson MV50 tube amp (45 watts per channel) and Conrad Johnson PV5 tube preamp purchased in 1988. All in excellent working condition. The CJ tube amp/preamp and Khorns sound incredible and I rarely go past 9:00 on the volume knob because they are loud. Will consider separating Khorns from CJ amp/preamp, but I do not want to separate the CJ components. The amp and preamp belong together. Located about 70 miles Northwest of Chicago, near Wisconsin state line. I have more and better pictures, but I have had difficulty getting good pics without exceeding the 2mb limit. I can email more pics upon request for serious inquiries. I will also continue to try to post more and better pics. I am the 2nd owner and selling because I could use more space and flexibility. May consider partial trade for RF-7's or RF-7II's in cherry finish and in excellent condition. Pick-up only or I could deliver locally after your satisfactory audition/test drive. Asking $5,500 for entire system.

post-9977-0-00480000-1395524104_thumb.jp

post-9977-0-89000000-1395525725_thumb.jp

post-9977-0-48760000-1395525918_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested in only the Conrad Johnson tube pre-amp & amp or the Khorns please send me an email or reply. I said "firm" in my previous post because I had separate buyers yielding more recently. I should have sold them separately. I regret saying firm, because it is just too rigid. It eliminates low-ballers, but also eliminates negotiation, and potential trades. The gear is really in excellent condition and has always been in an inside controlled environment, dehumidifiers, normal temperature range, etc... I was probably too nit-picky with my original description, but wanted full disclosure. I can provide more pictures upon request. I have them, but can't get past the 2mb limit. I would prefer to sell to a Klipsch forum member who appreciates the condition of this equipment. Although I prefer cash, I may be interested in partial trades...La Scala's, Cornscala's, Cornwall II's/III's, Chorus II's.

Apparently I don't know what I am doing when bumping. I lost my reply message:

Anyone interested in just a tube pre-amp? Please reply or email if interested in only the Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp above. I can send more pics upon request. One sold recently on Ebay for $899. Does $750 plus shipping sound fair?