Best Way to Ship Forte II

I've got a pair of walnut Forte II in fine condition that I would like to sell. (By the way, what is the going price range for these, in I would consevatively say, very good condition?) I live in a place that you have to take a ferry to get to, so I don't imagine many would come to pick them up. I am exploring my shipping options. I don't have the original boxes. What is the best way to ship them? Does Klipsch still sell the boxes? Any one know how can I make boxes for them? At 67 .lbs each would they be better in seperate boxes? Should they be double boxed? Or should I use a double walled box? What is the most cost effective shipping service to use? I doubt I will ship them out of the country? Can anyone point me to a previous thread that deals with this issue?

wrap the speaker in plastic vapor barrier and tape then a layer of at least one inch of high density Styrofoam with a double thickness layer of foam on the top of the cabinet. Next a full wrap of three layer corrugated cardboard and tape (clear packing) tape all seams. Mark the top of the cabinet as the bottom so the true bottom with the riser will face up. That way when the cabinets gets dropped the riser will not get smashed. The top being flat and having a double foam layer can easily absorb the impact of a drop where as the riser cannot. That will get them where you want them to go. If you really want to be safe then remove the risers and ship separately double loam both ends of the cabinet. That is your safest method. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.

• 2 weeks later...

great info for packing them. however if you cant get flat cardboard to "wrap" them, walmart sells nice double wall boxes for about $3 each. you will need 2 per speaker, slip one inside the other to make one box just big enough to fit the speaker. if you cant get styrofoam, you can use lots of bubble wrap or other box stuffing but the styrofoam is a good cheap way to insulate the speaker.

as for the ferry issue, you would need to bring them into town & drop off at a local fedex, ups or usps depot. or a mailboxes etc type store that handles packages for other carriers. fedex/ups should be able to ship them for a decnt price within the usa. where are you located?

Edited by klipschfancf4