x

Axz Hout

Wear your earplugs!
That's the truth! I worry about long-range tinnitus and hearing loss in the employees there. I mentioned this out to a mid-level manager one time, and got the impression that they didn't want to deal with it. They really should.

A particular offense was a wildly loud squealing ventilation fan. I thought it was a disgrace that employees had little choice to avoid that inner ear-destroying noise.

• Like 1

• Moderators

They talked about the MCM Motengator as there favorite big system, also talked about the KP-600 portable PA. At the end an interview with Paul W Klipsch. GADFLY The discontinued KP-600 3pcs PA loudspeaker

Inever got to hear the MCM Motengator, but it a big part of why some want MWM's at home, the big sound.

We got to hear the KP-600 at the Pilgrimage in 2010, they were used on stage for the bands playing with a few subs(8), they sounded amazing. This stage was pointing out into a large park and had no problem filling it with music.

Pic 2 is setting up the night before, there not small.

post-9700-0-55540000-1395765063_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-86100000-1395765106_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

• Moderators
Listening thru the Factory noise, it seemed the original MCM was one large cabinet, not yet broken down into MWM,MSSM,MSM, MTM.

Could have been ? I would love to hear them in an open area with room to breath. Those KP-600's were surprisingly good sounding and had no problem filling a huge space.

There is a forum member who lives in South West Louisiana who has a set of both KP-600 and Montengator's in his big metal building where he plays with his cars and stuff. I think M Colter has both also, or did at one time with a bunch of industrial LaScalas.

If you look at that pic with the subs in it there is a fence right behind them, there is about 3' between the fence and the stage. I went down there to take pics of the bands playing, after about 2 min, I started to feel sick and a little dizzy from the bass speakers. The stage was cement and not open underneath and the bass was just crazy there, I guess it was using the stage as a corner and it was rough to stand in that space.

• Like 1

So, was the tent for the electronics? Or did the band play from inside the tent? Or did someone just blast recorded tunes from there? It does look like a tent on a stage to me. Tents are lighter than sheds, but I prefer the shed to get the creative mojo.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Cool picture, if I had to guess your probably right it's for electronics (less dust/dirt) and a place to cool off, from reading it can get really hot out there midday ?

Love to hear that, from a few hundred feet or more. I know what one set of those bass bins sound like with 1-2 watts, I would imagine where that pic was taken is not a good place to be with the rated WPC !

A old Klipsch ad, not sure where the second came from.

post-9700-0-88260000-1395803279_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-71740000-1395803470_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

Listening thru the Factory noise, it seemed the original MCM was one large cabinet, not yet broken down into MWM,MSSM,MSM, MTM.

Could have been ? I would love to hear them in an open area with room to breath. Those KP-600's were surprisingly good sounding and had no problem filling a huge space.

There is a forum member who lives in South West Louisiana who has a set of both KP-600 and Montengator's in his big metal building where he plays with his cars and stuff. I think M Colter has both also, or did at one time with a bunch of industrial LaScalas.

If you look at that pic with the subs in it there is a fence right behind them, there is about 3' between the fence and the stage. I went down there to take pics of the bands playing, after about 2 min, I started to feel sick and a little dizzy from the bass speakers. The stage was cement and not open underneath and the bass was just crazy there, I guess it was using the stage as a corner and it was rough to stand in that space.

Eldon,

It is interesting that almost everything in this thread is Kevin Harmon or related to Kevin Harmon! The Video was shot by Kev, the first shot of KP-600s are Kevins before he restored them. The KP-600s you heard on stage were part of the same stash that Bill Hendricks, Kev and I bought. That set was Bills, he sold them to Kev so Kev owned two pair of Kp-600s for a short time and Kevin sold that set to FYRPOWER who brought them so you guys could hear a set. I have had extensive listening to both the MCM 1900 Motengators and the KP 600s and Kevin and I both like the Kp 600s better, that is why I didn't mind selling off my MCM stuff so much, but I sold my Oiled Oak 1998 Klipsch Horns to buy my KP 600s.

Rog

• Like 1

• Moderators

Eldon, It is interesting that almost everything in this thread is Kevin Harmon or related to Kevin Harmon! The Video was shot by Kev, the first shot of KP-600s are Kevins before he restored them. The KP-600s you heard on stage were part of the same stash that Bill Hendricks, Kev and I bought. That set was Bills, he sold them to Kev so Kev owned two pair of Kp-600s for a short time and Kevin sold that set to FYRPOWER who brought them so you guys could hear a set. I have had extensive listening to both the MCM 1900 Motengators and the KP 600s and Kevin and I both like the Kp 600s better, that is why I didn't mind selling off my MCM stuff so much, but I sold my Oiled Oak 1998 Klipsch Horns to buy my KP 600s. Rog

I remember, Kevin is one of the nicest people I have met, when I wrote that I put roughly where he lived and didn't say his name because he doesn't post much and I thought no one would know who he was.

I didn't know both of you thought the Kp-600's sounded a little better, I only heard them once in hope and was really impressed. I have to say even thought they separate into three parts they are still not fun to move around for two people. I was there when Kevin backed his trailer up to Michaels and Kevin loaded up a set he bought from M Colter.

They told me take the official money changing hands pic.

post-9700-0-26000000-1395876266_thumb.jp

• Like 1