Palladiums: has anyone heard them?!?

elg

Dear Klipsch Community,

I really want to buy a pair of Palladium 37-F's, but I can't find any reviews (other than stereophile) of them, and I can't find a pair to audition. I love the Klipsch sound. I loved my old Heresy's (but they are not enought for my current room), and I love Cornwalls (but they are too wide for my room). Has anyone on this site owned, or heard, these beautiful speakers?

• Like 1

Has anyone on this site owned, or heard, these beautiful speakers?

This goes back to 2008, and it was more than just a floor stander pair, but I had the privilege of using a complete P-38 HT setup at Klipsch in Indy to hold some classical music sessions. They were driven by Aragon electronics, which I think Klipsch was selling at the time. That setup included not only the P-38's, but the Palladium sub (or was it two of them?), and the Palladium surrounds mounted on the side walls. This was a very expensive setup, with all those beauties!

The sound and music quality of that combo was terrific and outstanding!!!! Classical is tough to demonstrate to satisfaction, but that setup was truly enviable, and everything sounded like the real thing. I enjoyed hearing the detailed differences between just the flutes and oboes over the full orchestra, for example.

I listened to some of the same music on a P-39 pair in a nearby room without the complete supporting cast of surrounds and subs, a day later. Even though the'39's could produce more bass by themselves, the subs clearly helped reproduce, say, the string basses in a full orchestra.

A few years later, Klipsch installed Integra electronics, with a falloff in quality and musicality. It seemed less worthwhile to hear them.

The key strengths of the Palladium were the smooth, accurate and seamless blend from the treble to the bass. This has always been a Klipsch hallmark IMO. They probably outclass nearly every other speaker made!

Two points in my view (YMMV):

1. Electronics quality was important, so you should check that out; and
  2. For symphonic music, for me, a sub would strengthen the deep bass. I liked the way the Palladium sub sounded.

However, the existing bass is just fine, and seamlessly reached, as one would expect, so I doubt that adding a sub is critical.

Amy can say if anyone near you has a pair or a setup for you to audition. Or drop in at Indy if you can, look up Steve Phillips if he's still there -- he was a maestro at playing DVDs for me in the sessions.

Larry

Edited by LarryC

Dear Klipsch Community,

I really want to buy a pair of Palladium 37-F's, but I can't find any reviews (other than stereophile) of them, and I can't find a pair to audition. I love the Klipsch sound. I loved my old Heresy's (but they are not enought for my current room), and I love Cornwalls (but they are too wide for my room). Has anyone on this site owned, or heard, these beautiful speakers?

I have a pair of the P38f. They sound spectacular, even being powered by an 8 year old Yamaha 95 wpc AVR. I'm hearing sounds in my music that I've never heard before, and I have a few cds I bought in 1984. They are huge, but do not take up much space, even my wife thinks they're beautiful. I hope to upgrade my amp to give them the power they deserve. If you're close to Indy, your welcome to come by and hear them.

I did find a review from a few years ago, it's on the P37 HT package…..http://www.avhub.com.au/images/stories/australian-hifi/reviews/2011-05_to_12/2011-10/klipsch_palladium_review_lores.pdf

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the responses. It is helpful. I want to support the Klipsch company if I can. I have a MC275 and c2300 front end which should help as I believe Klipsch's pair well with tubes.

I live in California.

Welcome elg, I'm also from CA. The P-37's sound incredible. I have not heard the others but P-37's would be mine

if I could afford them. have to settle for my Khorns for now.

Where in California do you fellas reside? As you can see, I am in the Central Valley.

Edited by jorjen

Dear Klipsch Community,

Where in CA are you? I live in Las Vegas and have an "extra" pair of P37s that I am using as surrounds with P38's and a soon to arrive P27c. They are way overkill for surround duty and in mint condition with boxes. Merlot.

I will PM you.

Chris

post-8757-0-35200000-1396039172_thumb.jp

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns
  • Like 1

Dear Klipsch Community,

Where in CA are you? I live in Las Vegas and have an "extra" pair of P37s that I am using as surrounds with P38's and a soon to arrive P27c. They are way overkill for surround duty and in mint condition with boxes. Merlot.

I will PM you.

Chris

It should be some type of crime not using the gorgeous speakers, lol. :)

Dear Klipsch Community,

I will PM you.

Chris

Just curious, let us know what you think of the P27c when it arrives. I'm hoping that might be my next purchase. Are you replacing a center?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the P37's, a P27c, and the THX 525's as surrounds in my system.

The P37's are a very, very nice speaker. Everything you like about Klipsch but better. Very little of the "honk" associated with horns at times. They are accurate and revealing.

Under 90db's they are absolutely fantastic in every way, shape, or form. Pushing 90db+ if you have a brighter (like a digitally remastered rock n roll recording) they can get bright on the high end if paired with the wrong electronics.

For movies, they are spectacular 100% of the time. I'd really like to hear them paired with some McIntosh gear! But budgets are not allowing that. Unfortunately for me budgets my dictate I sell my slightly less than a year old p37's, and P27c, and the rears.... trying to hold off. They are merlot if all 3 speakers were to be of interest.

That said, great speakers and if you like klipsch, you will LOVE these.

• Like 1