Love my Klipsch speakers

Khornukopia

These Klipschorns are stock except for the replacement capacitors on the factory crossovers. My solid state Sony power amp might be considered less than ideal, but my system sounds very good, and I frequently compare it with the many live music events I attend.

Enjoyment of one's sound system can be greatly affected by the listening room acoustics. Before getting these Klipschorns many years ago, I previously had a pair of stock La Scalas in that room for ten years, and whenever i turned the volume up high, they sounded " bright" and "harsh". Then one day I loaned those same La Scalas and amp to an outdoor party, and I could hardly believe how smooth and powerful they sounded. That was when I realized my "harshness" problem was caused by room echo.

I have since then dampened the same room with acoustic ceiling treatments, some home-made wall panels and corner bass traps. Now the harshness is gone, and I just hear the music.

I love my Klipsch speakers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, the NEWEST guy buys the beer!

Nice speakers, what do you power them with?

Hi Ceptorman,

Thanks for the reminder, I want to get off to a good start.

It wasn't easy lining these up, but all 34,716 forum members deserve my best effort.

Those are empty...

Welcome, the NEWEST guy buys the beer!

Nice speakers, what do you power them with?

Hi Ceptorman,

Thanks for the reminder, I want to get off to a good start.

It wasn't easy lining these up, but all 34,716 forum members deserve my best effort.

Those are empty...

Well, NOW they are!

Thanks for all the kind words. As a new member, I want to say that I am NOT here to sell any products or services. My comments and ideas are just meant to be for your entertainment. I joined this community to learn from the collective genius of all the good people who gather around here. Hopefully I can return the favor if something I share will help you on your own personal audio adventure. Like you, I think this is a fun hobby.

• Like 1

Just curious, has there always been this much interest in the heritage line, or has there been a resurgence? It seems like there's more interest in heritage than the newer lines. The more I hear about them, the more interest I have.

• 3 months later...