Promedias are good for....

1) Digestion. Yes, it helps digest your food, sit down at your computer after a full meal and let the bass send vibrations to your tummy.

2) Massages, enuff bass to vibrate every muscle in your body, close your eyes, hold onto your seats and try to relax.

3) Hair dyers (sub only), put your face to the driver in the boom box and the air flow will have your hair dry in no time (caution it could leave bald as the oomph factor of the bass is known to make hair fall out).

Any more post em here....

It's nothing against any of the pro medias, but I can almost guarantee that nobody would be able to get as much bass volume as you all like to say you have with the pro's. Granted there is great bass at low levels, but not great volumes of bass. When I turn my pro's half way up it just doesn't sound right. They sound absolutely great at low levels and I'm surprised by the bass at low levels. But I like my music loud and these pro's can't go loud enough and still provide clean clear sound.

You all are probably going to hate me for writing that.

I respect you opinion and when mine arrive I will be interested in seeing how pronounced the bass fade is upon crankage...what I do hate you for however is admitting you listen to a Michael Jackson CD evry single day....its like an old fashioned carnival freak show that you DON'T want to take the kiddies to. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Yup I agree with you billie... bass does sound good at moderate volumes, but the sub can't keep up when you crank them. "knocking a hole in your wall" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Maybe 2.1's would have a better sub response, their sub is over half the total system power as opposed to 4s... (plus no attenuator)

------------------

Caring is the first step toward disappointment.

In an earlier post someone said that the five amps inside the pros looked identical, and suggested that the difference of impedance of sat and sub caused the difference in watts.

What would be the difference in impedance when you remove 1 sub driver? If the sub drives 2 cones at double the impedance??

And your soundcard may not be able to drive the pros to their limits.

Since we're talking about the bass that disappears at higher volumes here is what i wrote in another post:

"I can say for certain that its got nothing to do with sub placement, i got my 4.1s today and i been toying with them all day, all kinds of games/music, the sub has a darn strict limiter, at lower volumes the sub does shake my walls and flutter my clothes, BUT the moment the volume reaches the half way point, the sub cuts down on bass drastically and it does sound weaker, all of a sudden u begin to think where did all that bass go.

Gamersdepot quoted:

"Our only complaint is with limiter that Klipsch has kept in place that limits the amount of power this system will produce from the subwoofer. Of course Klipsch would have us believe that this is a feature, although Im not so convinced. If indeed it is a feature, it would suggest that its a good thing. If it is such a good thing why dont they have the limiter in the 2.1 system?"

Is there any way we can remove the limiter?

Since we're talking about the bass that disappears at higher volumes here is what i wrote in another post:

"I can say for certain that its got nothing to do with sub placement, i got my 4.1s today and i been toying with them all day, all kinds of games/music, the sub has a darn strict limiter, at lower volumes the sub does shake my walls and flutter my clothes, BUT the moment the volume reaches the half way point, the sub cuts down on bass drastically and it does sound weaker, all of a sudden u begin to think where did all that bass go.

Gamersdepot quoted:

"Our only complaint is with limiter that Klipsch has kept in place that limits the amount of power this system will produce from the subwoofer. Of course Klipsch would have us believe that this is a feature, although Im not so convinced. If indeed it is a feature, it would suggest that its a good thing. If it is such a good thing why dont they have the limiter in the 2.1 system?"

Is there any way we can remove the limiter?

And about this Micheal Jackson thing...

It's not a ritual or whatever. I don't have many cds anymore and I borrowed that one from a friend so it's something new to listen to. Granted I have more than 1200 mp3's, but they don't sound as good as a cd does. But hey, you have to admitt, his old stuff is kinda catchy and funny at the same time.