Promedias are good for....

Hey there BillieJean I was just razzin ya a bit, I really shouln't point fingers anyway as I have 300+ CD's but theres always at least 1 XTC and 1 Elvis Costello disk on top of the stereo or stuck in my car at all times. The old stuff is great, but I only say that having become old stuff myself.

peace

I'm curious... I have the older Pro's and I have a large collection of DVD's (268) and oodles of Mp3's and CD's. I have put the Pro's through the grinder with each media format and my sub refuses to fade. I must be one of the lucky ones that doesn't experience a drastic fade in bass response when the volume knob is at the "bleeding ears" position.

I had some trouble with my pre-amp early on (Amy took care of that, THANKS!) but never had a stitch of trouble with the sats or the sub. I can go toe to toe with my friends 100wt powered Pioneer sub and the Pro's sub sounds cleaner and punchier. My sat's have excellent highs and I'm not one to wimper about a slight lack of midrange, that's what EQ's are for.

Maybe those with a strong fade in bass should look at getting their sub's checked out? I have a friend that just bought the last set of old pro's in the city (after hearing mine he was on a mission!) and he agree's that for the size, power and price... he has never listend to better set of multimedia speakers with more bass.

And Billie Jean, I have my PC in my office beside my living room, and if my wife sits on the couch when we watch a DVD (TV out from the PC and I crank the Pro's up so we can get some added sound) she complains that there is too much bass and that the wall and sofa "vibrate". Now I dare you to call my wife a liar, or for that matter, myself.

I think there are always a few models that leave the factory with little "hickups". Maybe that's all this is, I don't know. I do know that my sub and probably a lot of other sub's put out a hell of a lot of bass... right at the mark on the pre-amp! So nice of them to put that there!

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

And getting back to the topic

Promedias are good for.................

8) Churning farm fresh Butter with a pulsing beat sure to repel all Amish people within a 1 mile radius.

9) Making the computing experience more enjoyable by blocking out the incessant screams to "Turn that %#** down!!" by your spouse/girlfriend/parents/roommates etc.

Granted, the pro's sub does put out great sound and bass, for it's size. But I'm used to a lot bigger systems with a lot more power and a lot bigger speakers. At close listening positions and volumes the sub puts out ample bass, but turn it up and the bass just gets distorted. But it sounds exactly like what a 6 1/2" speaker would sound like at that volume with that much power. I don't know maybe my sub is not quite right and maybe there is a defect. But it does sound fine at low listening levels. I just wish it would not sound distorted at loud volumes.

I think I'm just really picky and demanding of my equipment