Picked up a little something today........

TasDom

Unfortunately all the tags had been removed. I'm trying to identify the year and finish but all I can find is a "J" stamped into each of the cabs. Each of the tops have different numbers stamped inside...A1, A2, U1, U2

The cornwalls were easy with the entire serial # stamped in the wood but these have me stumped....

• Like 1

Thanks Sancho! According to this and having the type AB crossovers, looks like they are early 83's

February 1, 1983 The Type-AB crossover network was introduced incorporating steeper filter slopes for enhanced tweeter protection and smoother response in the crossover regions. October 19, 1983 The Type AB-2 network was introduced to accommodate the new K-55-M mid- range driver. This Electrovoice sourced driver was essentially the same as the previous K-55-V with a smoother response
  • Like 1

Ring those Belles, Taz!

Glad you got two pair. Saving you a lot of trouble. Because, once you get your first pair of a Heritage, then you immediately have to get a second pair! Saved yourself a lot of time! ;-)

Nice score.

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for all the nice comments.....

I tried 3 across the front yesterday and the results were amazing. Every movie I popped in was seamless panning across the front stage. I pulled the l/r out to be on the same plane as the center due to my console. I had to disconnect my sectional and move the side back to make room, but the test was well worth the hassle.

I might get a speaker selector for now to switch between the 7's and the Belles for HT/Music while upgrading the other pair.

I never thought I'd say this as I LOVE my RF7II set up but there may be some items up for sale in the garage sale section in the near future..... :wub:

I told a friend of mine before the purchase that this will be a slippery slope.............what an understatement!!

• Like 2

Great find ... congrats. Would be interested in your take on sound quality esp in comparison to the RF7ii's from just a 2 ch. (listening) perspective. Guessing you'll win the bet with yourself and Heritage will be your favorite. Let us know.

I tried 3 across the front yesterday and the results were amazing.
knew it wouldn't take long
Every movie I popped in was seamless panning across the front stage.
i can't strew this enough to people how much better it really is
I never thought I'd say this as I LOVE my RF7II set up but there may be some items up for sale in the garage sale section in the near future.....
you know what route i would take!! lol new subs too!!!!
  • Like 1

Wow, what a score and local too! I had to drive hundreds of miles for my 2 sets of LS II's in two separate transactions.

Like you I own a Klipsch reference system (RF-83, RC-64, RS-62, RF-82), but it's really hard to beat having larger mid-range horns when they image so beautifully. Too bad you can't purchase big speakers like these by walking in a store and listening to them first. I bought my first pair off craigslist on a whim, but soon drove to FL for a second pair.