Renting the Farmhouse epilogue.

Carl, my thinking is "What better place than Hope?" I didn't stay there so I can't say about the rooms, but that meeting room was good listening, the management was excellent, and we were close to PWK. I think it make great neutral ground at minimum, and at least provides a connection as well as a reasonably central location...even if they shut it all down.

As to PMs suggestion, it would be nice if someone could get a message of support through to Ms. Valerie, who seems to be carrying the torch alone. Not sure how many know this, but Krissy, the young lady who signed on and posted a bit about Ms. V is no longer with her. I am not going into that here I don't think it appropriate, but I did exchange messages with her about it and it's pretty sad.

Perhaps there IS some way we can support the museum. I just don't know...but I am up for it.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1

*Hello. My name is P.M. I'm a Friend of Paul's*

i thoroughly enjoyed the gathering. PM Summer's toast to Paul moment was worth the trip just to have the honor of raising a glass with the gentlemen and ladies there. Some years ago i realized that i've met some of the best people i know on the Klipsch forum.

I hope we do a gathering on the same order next year. I'm definitely in. The Super8 folks were gracious hosts and happy for the group to have a system set up out on the patio and there was a genuinely adequate conference room for gathering, meals and listening inside. That room was big enough to let the speakers breath.

Thanks Carl, Steve and all for the hospitality. There was some great conversation and it wasn't hard to imagine Mr. Paul being there holding court and enjoying himself.

Thanks to all who brought gear and music.

I'll just start a list, and i know it's incomplete.

WPS brought a pair of mint oiled walnut

'73 Heresy/cane grills and nicely modded innards. CT125 tweeter and Type E/4600 networks.

Klipsch Pro speakers KP 301's? which model and contributor?

Mcintosh preamp - WPS

pCATs SSH

OPPO DVD/CD contributor?

Modded T-amp WPS

Sunfire tube preamp - Dee

know i haven't named it all

Edited by Daddy Dee
  • Like 1

Klipsch Pro speakers KP 301's? which model and contributor?

Those were mine. KP-301-II's with Crites crossovers, ti diaphragms and a slight crossover mod by me.

I also brought the tube DAC, the ATI amp that we were using outside, a laptop and an Indeed chip amp(that saw no use). I also brought speaker wire and RCA's. A couple bottles made it up to Hope from Beaumont but only a part of one returned.

On a side note, be sure to get Mike to sign in to the forum. He's a hoot. I had a great time with him and Otis outside after dinner.

Ask and ye shall receive. Here I be.

Great time, and thanks for making me feel so welcome even though I wasn't a member of the forum and not really all that educated on stereo equipment. pmsummer invited me to tag along, and as I had vacation days to burn and love a good road trip, how could I refuse? It was my honor to join you gentlemen (and Ron).

• Like 1

On a side note, be sure to get Mike to sign in to the forum. He's a hoot. I had a great time with him and Otis outside after dinner.

Great time, and thanks for making me feel so welcome even though I wasn't a member of the forum and not really all that educated on stereo equipment. pmsummer invited me to tag along, and as I had vacation days to burn and love a good road trip, how could I refuse? It was my honor to join you gentlemen (and Ron).

What's the box score now?

What's the box score now?

A 10 run second inning makes it 6-4 Phillies.

Welcome to the forum!

I have to say that the after dinner listening session outside was my favorite of the weekend. It was great to find someone(s) with similar musical taste.

So what did the playlists consist of? Was there a common thread to the weekend?

I ask because I think I would have been very easily the youngest guy there and am curious how much musical diversity could be tolerated. I can very easily enjoy a lot of music from your generation, but am curious if it would work in reverse.