Renting the Farmhouse epilogue.

That was the first time I'd heard 301s that I know of. Carl's mods may be in part the reason, but I was very impressed with them...and Pat's modified walnut oil rubbed walnut Heresy's, too.

The Sunfire, I had heard, but I think Dee and I agree that it mates very well with the pCATS. We played a rainbow of genres, but I must add that Dave's recording of Pete Fountain was stellar (and it's happy in its new home). The best of it, of course, was the BSing, and it's obvious that we didn't get enough of that in Hope.

Thanks for a great weekend goes to members old and new.

SSH

• Like 2

Mike has leaned how to thread crap in just 3 posts. He'll fit in just fine here!

Hahaha....

2 things:

1) this is NOT my first forum.

2) PM Summer started it by asking about the box score when he likely knew the Rangers had a bad top of the seventh. Goes back to a discussion we had over the weekend on how they'd do this year.

Most weekdays I'd be at work and not using a vacation day to watch a baseball game, so they'll be less thread crapping in the future. :)

It's a rough crowd.

We played a rainbow of genres, but I must add that Dave's recording of Pete Fountain was stellar (and it's happy in its new home).

Glad you got away with it. Ron was whining as I'd given it to him and he left it on the kitchen table. I can make him another...

Dave

Thanks Dee. I don't mind dragging those things around as their finish is pretty much made for that life. They normally sit on the floor in my garage. They're really not what you'd call "lookers" but they're sound belies their looks.

• Moderators

As I've stated numerous times before, I do not read all posts. In fact, I usually only read things brought to my attention by one of you. As a result, I learned about this event exactly 3 days before it took place.

The plant no longer gives tours, that's true. However, I spoke with Roy last week to see if something could be worked out for this gathering, and he told me he would've been happy to help but was out of town.

We did not hold a pilgrimage last year because we had about 10 people RSVP. If there is actual interest again, we would love to hold another one.

Paul's legacy is very much alive in the marketing department as well as engineering. But the marketing department is solely based in Indianapolis and it's quite difficult to plan anything in Arkansas from here with 3 days notice.

I apologize if you feel we let you down. It sounds like a fun weekend anyway.

• Like 1

As I've stated numerous times before, I do not read all posts. In fact, I usually only read things brought to my attention by one of you.

Amy -- there was some gathering of forum members this past weekend. I think they were well behaved -- i could not hear them in Los Angeles and none of my neighbors complained (about them). Just wanted to do my part keeping you informed.

Steve

Edited by BigStewMan

I know I've lost interest in their new offerings, and the old Heritage they still sell is simply outdated

SERIOUSLY?????

Compared to WHAT? Did someone actually invent a shorter 32' wavelength?

If that plant is closed and the Klipsch heritage lost, that brand will shrivel. While it appears fewer and fewer of them know it, and certainly none of the Audiovox crowd, it is the Six Cardinal Points that had built the success of the contemporary lineup. If you look and listen close, you'll hear it. Without that, it's just another mass market HT outfit. While in Hope, we listened to the TV interview from WAY back as PWK explained his science and philosophy. Nothing has happened since to change those fundamental truths. "Ho Hum, another major breakthrough..."

Dave

There have been several improvements in horn theory since the khorn, and PWK simply missed the mark when it comes to constant directivity. Some of us don't tolerate the honk from the exponential expansion rate, nor the pinched nasal highs. I also prefer a flatter resonance free bottom end. The Jubilee is hands down better in all objective measures but it's a hassle to purchase and friends think I'm crazy when I recommend it - simply because it doesn't look finished. The Jubilee also doesn't dig low enough for my music and the tradeoffs to the 500Hz octave for its (not enough) extended LF range doesn't make sense to me from a system perspective.....next thing you know, you're not looking at a Jubilee anymore.

DIY is where the high fidelity is at these days. It's the only way things get appropriately sized. I wish they'd cut the engineers loose all PWK style....not reference style with the Palladium.

:)

Edited by DrWho

Most of it is because they voice things so blasted bright/brash that most of my friends think I'm crazy for ever making the recommendation.

A funny thing happened. It is true that a certain proportion of CDs sound "bright/brash" with my AK4 Khorns, Belles and Heresy IIs (unless we use Audyssey and/or tone control compensation). BUT ... we are now running Blu-ray movies using the Khorns, Belle, and Heresy IIs, (with a sub below 80 Hz) and with movies made in the last 20 years, or so, I haven't heard a single one that was "bright/brash." Now I'm wondering if the above mentioned speakers really are voiced bright/brash, or if the CDs are the culprit. True, Heritage may not be the flattest speakers out there, but I wouldn't consider them to be harsh or unbalanced with modern movies.

P.S., We own 9 Klipsch speakers, and we bought every single one new. We saved up until we could afford them. We believe in supporting audio companies that impress us, including Klipsch, NAD, Marantz, McIntosh, Lexicon, and JBL. The only component we bought second hand was a Dyna that was no longer made.

Edited by Garyrc

Ever since ssh conceived this gathering I engulfed myself in attending. As i explained i was unable to be there. If there were 2 people at a klipsch event I would still demand myself attending if invited. Looks as though klipsch corporation would be involved if they were in contact with followers of the event. I may be too enveloped in my drive and emotional attachment with klipsch considering the lows i have been through getting ripped off buying nib thousands of dollars only to be depressed by the performance of other brands/models.

Knowing now the klipsch factory is off limits results in me a variety of unusual thoughts. I have spent thousands on nib klipsch as well although many of us buy klipsch used and modify as we prefer. I cannot remember the previous gathering rsvp although have not been involved with klipsch and the forum only in the past 4 years, about 2 of them being a member.

Anyhow today with the way many individuals live they have not time let alone the fact they are internet only participants to the glory of the PWKlipsch movement. With texts and internet and countless other negative contributes to such great events the pilgrimage of the days i have only heard of are apparently behind us. It is most unfortunate if this is true. It tames the klipsch fire i have inside of me.

I presume to this point the gathering in this day in time appears to be on a screen right in front of us every time we log on.

Praying its an illusion. The enjoyment is still able to be had. I pray nest time i can be there. Bless you all and thank you for sharing.

Lets keep trying. We need more events! Please

• Like 2

As I've stated numerous times before, I do not read all posts. In fact, I usually only read things brought to my attention by one of you. As a result, I learned about this event exactly 3 days before it took place.

The plant no longer gives tours, that's true. However, I spoke with Roy last week to see if something could be worked out for this gathering, and he told me he would've been happy to help but was out of town.

We did not hold a pilgrimage last year because we had about 10 people RSVP. If there is actual interest again, we would love to hold another one.

Paul's legacy is very much alive in the marketing department as well as engineering. But the marketing department is solely based in Indianapolis and it's quite difficult to plan anything in Arkansas from here with 3 days notice.

I apologize if you feel we let you down. It sounds like a fun weekend anyway.

With all due respect, it is just inconceivable to me that the Moderator could have been unaware of this event. It has been one of the biggest topics of discussion for many weeks. However, I take you at your word and am happy that we can count on the "New Klipsch" to support these events in the future (with sufficient notice). :)

Amy looks for smoke. There was none until after the event. What she reported is precisely what happened. Granted, I was as surprised as anyone that only Roy could arrange something...but that is Klipsch business and I am just happy they let us be here. If we do it again next year we just need to specifically let them know as soon as possible.

Dave

• Like 1

• Moderators

I never said Roy was the only one, but he has been involved with events before and knows you guys. With such short notice, he was by far my best bet at getting something cobbled together.

I don't think I've been suspected of lying on this forum before. It saddens me.

I skim the 2 channel and the lounge sections mostly. I rarely check sections that aren't high trafficked, including this one. I try to limit my 8 hour/day job to 8 hours, but even without this forum, that rarely happens. I'm sorry I failed to anticipate what was being asked of Klipsch without being asked.

I'm sorry I failed to anticipate what was being asked of Klipsch without being asked.

To be clear then for future reference (again, no pun intended), exactly WHO should be contacted and when. I'd love to go again and also love to tour the plant.

Amy, you have no need to apologize if you never read the thread. You may not have been aware of what was going on but I'm certain that someone at Klipsch was.

• Moderators

I should be contacted about future events. It is solely marketing and public relations responsibility to organize/participate in such events, and I would blame no one else for lack of involvement, perceived or otherwise.

Mike, good to see that you sobered up enough to type. You had me worried.

Welcome aboard and hold on...Marital or Audio Bliss....pick ONE.

Like my old grandpa used to say, "Speakers are like women. The prettiest ones aren't always the best." Then again, he ate a lot of bacon and died young.