Renting the Farmhouse epilogue.

I should be contacted about future events. It is solely marketing and public relations responsibility to organize/participate in such events, and I would blame no one else for lack of involvement, perceived or otherwise.

Then we're in good hands. In the future,if no one else does, I'll make it my responsibility to let you know. If you're unaware next time, the blame will rest solely on my shoulders.

Now get back to vacation!

• Like 1

It was hard to believe anybody wouldnt had noticed the farmhouse thread...nobody xept maybe 50 people crawl through this part of the forum in a weeks time. Its actually maybe getting a bit more traffic not much more though im noticing as a forum member after the great new renovations(in the forum). I dont believe eth2 was calling any lie. I even pm'd him and said i wondered the same as he was. Amy you are awsome. This place wouldnt be half it is now if it were not for you caring enough to take your time to provide us with this wonderful place. I know for myself i frequent different areas of this forum for days then not and to another section for months and back then and so on to something else and so on.

We need a PWKLIPSCH pilgram migration. I wish amy was there so i could see one of these absolutely off the chain klipsch stadiums. That things worth as much as a new h3. That may be all we need at a gathering is one of those. I seriously appreciate everything that goes into this place> Klipsch is truly a legend in sound. It must live long with Pauls spirit leading the way. Blessings to all. Please have a great sunny day! Its even warming up now in northern indiana, or at least i had to turn the heat down inside.

• Like 2

I don't think I've been suspected of lying on this forum before. It saddens me.

Don't mind Eth2. He's a forum noob and forgets his place at times.

I'm pretty sure I spend more time on the forum than Amy and there's whole subsections that I never see, let alone individual threads. It's cool to get all warm and sentimental about our beloved Klipsch corporation and their involvement in the audio community, but give a little grace and cut them some slack guys.

• Moderators

Honestly, I saw the farmhouse topic popping up in the recent area, but I assumed it was conjured up from an old post since I heard nothing about it, so I never bothered to click on it. My fault for being passive and assumptive, I suppose!

Thanks as always for your support. You know I like to help you guys however I can, when I can. Many of us here are aware of how invaluable this group really is.

And yes, Stadium is something to behold. :)

or if the CDs are the culprit.

Bingo. Redbook has the ability to sound as good as anything...but the tolerances are MUCH closer. Transcoding can also really put an edge on it if done by uneven division or a crappy algorithm.

Last night I ran my own Redbook piano recording on my new FX10 amp. Sounded smooth, awesome...like a piano. I then followed with a ripped CD I don't recall having listened to before of the Moscow Symphony doing the "Polovetsian Dances." Most OK, if hardly inspiring, at low and moderate levels. But when it got loud it was awful. Edgy, brittle, fingernails on chalkboard. Little doubt it was overdriven, poorly transcoded, or both.

I think most of the other digital sources you mentioned are recorded at their native sample rates, rates which have a lot more margin for error as well as not needing transcoding.

Anyway, that's my thinking...

Dave

And yes, Stadium is something to behold. :)

I saved hitles number i read somewhere and hope i can see the stadium the day i get my second mortgage together and make a trip to hq for a demo day. Thank you for everything amy. I know you got my account together a couple times when i had issues i couldnt solve...You solved them for me! Thanks again!

• Like 2

5b6eaa27-3e6a-431e-98d5-781464870a98.jpg

Ditto Boxx, Steve invited me early on for this gathering unfortunately I could not make it for my sons soccer tournament in the opposite direction! It chides me that anyone can come into these threads especially a newbie who (had he done his homework) and read past pilgrimage threads would have known Amy and Trey have gone to the limits to show forum members a great time in Hope and Indy as well. This was from the get go solely a forum members gathering which Steve (SSH) put together after securing the farmhouse. One should read and educate oneself proir to spouting off at the hip in the future, had Amy been brought into this early on and kept in the loop I'm sure some sort of tour would have been approved and I look forward to the next gathering official or un in Hope. I can see everyone had a great time and that is really what this community is all about. Wished I could have been there:-(

• Like 1

• Moderators

Really sorry we couldn't be there just to see everyone would have been enough to make us happy, next time.

Amy and Trey have gone to the limits to show forum members a great time in Hope and Indy as well

YES that is very true, I can't think of anything Amy, Trey and Klipsch could have done more to make past Pilgrimages better. They fed everyone, gave away thousands of dollars in speakers and prizes, led tours of the plant and Museum, even rented the farmhouse for a place for everyone to meet and bring equipment. The also set up a stage with equipment for many different bands to play for everyone.

In all honesty the last Pilgrimage which got canceled was close to almost a no show by forum members, I know it's hard for people to travel for these things but it's also not easy for Klipsch to plan all of this for just a couple of people.

In a way what the dedicated people did this weekend is exactly how Pilgrimages got started in the first place many years ago so Congratulations to everyone who went, you kept the idea alive and hopefully started a new tradition. Thank everyone who was there this weekend to Honor Mr. Klipsch and his ideas and the love for music and it's reproduction.

I am sorry we couldn't make it, there were a couple reasons why, which just made me feel like it wasn't the best idea this time, neither was because we didn't want to, if for nothing more than to see everyone again which was plenty enough.

Several months ago, about the time I edited the "Farmhouse" post to say that it wasn't for rent, I began conversations and messages in order to facilitate the use of some Klipsch speakers and perhaps a meeting place for the Hope gathering. Those conversations seemed at first to suggest that something might be possible. In a much later conversation, a couple of weeks prior to the gathering, I was told that it probably wouldn't happen. All of my posts focused on the gathering of forum members, and that's exactly what we had last weekend- a gathering of some audio guys who are fans of Klipsch speakers and what we call good music (OK, we drank a bit, too). Typical of any crowd of forum members, we had a great group of guys and one really cool lady. Did I hope for more for visitors to my neck of the woods? Yep. Was I dissapointed? Nope. If you want any more details about efforts that failed, well, it's none of your damned business. The program was as billed. Klipsch runs a business, not an amusement park, and I have nothing but respect for its employees.

Thanks to all who attended, and let's do it again, better.

SSH

I know it's hard for people to travel for these things but it's also not easy for Klipsch to plan all of this for just a couple of people.

i was going through some boxes that i never unpacked when i left my last place … I found my fork. I thought it died a rustful death. It's available for use at the next Pilgrimage if that will help sway the Klipsch folks.

• Like 1