Renting the Farmhouse epilogue.

• Moderators
are these the cornwalls you won?

No someone brought those, the ones I won weren't built yet, they even let me pick which wood flavor I wanted. After winning them a man walked up to me and said pick the Walnut, I said why is that and he said I am the plant manager and the last batch of Walnut we got in is some of the best I have ever seen. So Walnut it was and they are pretty.

I was looking for a picture of the tent in the back yard of the farmhouse for CCCA and realized it was in 06, didn't realize it had been that long. I never found a pic with the tent set up, but it was set up right behind the house and just as long, with a stage on one end for the bands.

That was a fun Pilgrimage, and not because I won the Cornwalls, there were over 50 forum members that year. :emotion-21:

Looks like a great time. I only went max volume once with the KP-301-II's while we were by the pool and only left it there for about 10 seconds. Right after that, Otis walked up to one of the speakers with a big grin on his face and gave it a big hug. It was hilarious.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Question, what IS the Farmhouse anyway?

In the back yard with Cornwalls, I think the amps were on 11 !

I was just telling Carl that I need to cart mine out into the field and do this.

You need to do it, it always sounds better outside. imo

• Moderators
here is one of Fini and his ladies sitting under the tent and one of the tent through the small sound rooms window. That would be PM giving the photographer the evil eye

I like that picture, Fini is even funnier in person, we really enjoyed talking with his family, fun people. I miss Fini's postings.

here is one of Fini and his ladies sitting under the tent and one of the tent through the small sound rooms window. That would be PM giving the photographer the evil eye

I like that picture, Fini is even funnier in person, we really enjoyed talking with his family, fun people. I miss Fini's postings.

Where is the Finster anyway???

• Like 1

Hello Friends of Paul! Its been a few days since the gathering, and I've had a lot of time to reflect on the journey. My cousin (Otis) and I decided a few days before the event to come down. He has has his Klipsch speakers for 34+ years. Me?......I'm a newbie. I will post a pic of mine later. This trip was about meeting others with a love for quality sound and the knowledge to get it. We came not really knowing what to expect. Yes, it was a little dissappointing that we couldn't tour the factory or the museum; however, the trip was well worth the people we met and we will gladly do it again.

I know squat about speakers. What I do know is that Otis has the best sounding system I've ever seen with his corner horms. I am a convert. Both in the product itself and the followers of PWK.

The atmosphere was light, with a wide variety of music. The people were the best group of guys I've had the pleasure to meet in a long time. We hope to see you all again next year!

You went to the gathering from just short of my halfway point auntbea(by the way im a huge fan. i know i seen all your andy g shows. nice job!)if i were to had made it. I am jealous of you and it sounds like you need some heresy! :)

That pic on the back porch is one iv read about. Brings tears to me that it just aint that way anymore. So many of us type we dont meet up and talk! Blessings. PWKLIPSCH will always be strong!

• Like 2

Looking for Heresies or bigger now.... Can't wait to have some!

Puts a smile on my face :D

I remember only a couple years ago never owning anything more than a kg.5 and grew up with them when new and hundreds of other pieces of gear that truly failed. Im talking 10's of thousands of dollars on audio gear I tried and took back and exchanged so so so many times nib crap trying to settle with 100's of other speakers and gear always falling back on my kg.5's with jbl powered 10. 2 years later after reading the forum and joining from klipsch pro gear to heritage and reference iv had my adventure and very very content. So content I sometimes go a week without listening. I sleep well knowing its all a button push away. Between my new wife and klipsch im torn between which makes me most content :lol: lol

• Like 2

Oh my, Aunt Bea! You just made me spew coffee out my nose! Your Avatar proves you have what it takes to hang with the Friends of Paul. I must confess that I think a lot of audiophiles use the hobby/sport/addiction to escape the frustrations inherent in their spousal relationships (Friends of Paul excluded, of course) but after meeting you all I heard at the gathering was, "You know, we really need more women at these things". You are a credit to your species my dear.

Plus, you seem to be at peace with our addiction. More points...

And you do a pretty mean dumpster dive for kitten coffins. Mega points...

So, here, in deference to your avatar is how I see Aunt Bea. In all her youthful glory. Let's not talk about the fact that she died a Silver City recluse in a house full of cats (kitten coffin dumpster diving making more sense now) with a 1966 green Studebaker with 4 flat tires in the garage.

LONG LIVE AUNT BEA (just an aside, you have chosen to use the continental spelling of BEA rather than BEE as she was known in Mayberry...that is surely the sign of a youth well spent. The Friends of Paul salute you!)

d42f3f3d60f7f149555441e1e54c17f1.jpg

Thanks for the response to my post! Gee, didn't know I was popular!

Music has always been important to me, and I can't wait to hear the things I love through some bada$$ klipsch speakers. I know nothing, I admit that right up front. But I do know what sounds good. I started with my I-phone in a bowl....no quality there! Otis brought me some klipsch computer speakers, which are rocking my kitchen right now.

Truly, truly enjoyed meeting you all. Coining the days to next year. Hopefully by then, I've got heresies or bigger. I'm leaving that up to Otis. He will magnet me a pair I'm Sure. Life if good, is it not?!?!