Renting the Farmhouse epilogue.

Next trip we shall march around yon fortress 7 times and blow the tweeters and woofers 7 times and nail the 6 points to the doors of Jericho.

We'll need a really big nail. And a printing press, but what could go wrong?

We shall have our Diet of Worms and verily, we shall prevail on the plains of audiophilia. Yeah, tho the master hast sold his audio soul for a bowl of accounting pottage, the autonomous collective shall prevail. Thus sayeth the bard. Thus sayeth brother Paul...

Pilgrimage 2013 was cancelled due to a perceived lack of interest

On our part or theirs? I agree, it would be silly to put on a concert or have a big to do for a dozen forum members but it wouldn't have taken much to unlock the museum door or have someone schlep us around the factory. That's all I was looking for.

Pilgrimage 2013 was cancelled due to a perceived lack of interest

On our part or theirs? I agree, it would be silly to put on a concert or have a big to do for a dozen forum members but it wouldn't have taken much to unlock the museum door or have someone schlep us around the factory. That's all I was looking for.

if i recall correctly, the event was posted to the forum but literally no one saw it until they cancellation notice was posted. Dunno if that trickled upward into a convoluted message of total disinterest henceforth.

To be fair, how many of the pilgrims are actually buying new speakers from Klipsch? I know I've lost interest in their new offerings, and the old Heritage they still sell is simply outdated. I've reverted to the DIY world because there things don't have to be undersized - which means more performance for less coin. There was a time when I was basically selling one or two full Klipsch systems a year, but that hasn't happened for a few years now. Most of it is because they voice things so blasted bright/brash that most of my friends think I'm crazy for ever making the recommendation. There shouldn't be caveats that their big ugly pro audio line is where the magic sauce is happening and everything else is driven by mass market craziness.

But it all makes sense if nobody is buying the better stuff. Companies gotta stay in business by selling where the demand is.

But it all makes sense if nobody is buying the better stuff. Companies gotta stay in business by selling where the demand is.

I would have been thrilled to hear some of the different headphones or Bluetooth speaker systems that are being sold now. Might have even taken one home with me.

I know I've lost interest in their new offerings, and the old Heritage they still sell is simply outdated

SERIOUSLY?????

Compared to WHAT? Did someone actually invent a shorter 32' wavelength?

If that plant is closed and the Klipsch heritage lost, that brand will shrivel. While it appears fewer and fewer of them know it, and certainly none of the Audiovox crowd, it is the Six Cardinal Points that had built the success of the contemporary lineup. If you look and listen close, you'll hear it. Without that, it's just another mass market HT outfit. While in Hope, we listened to the TV interview from WAY back as PWK explained his science and philosophy. Nothing has happened since to change those fundamental truths. "Ho Hum, another major breakthrough..."

Dave

Edited by Mallette

Think of this past weekend as a bit of a 'reconnaissance in force' to what the possibilities were for future incursions into southeastern Arkansas. Honestly, if people want the Paul Klipsch heritage to thrive beyond a scatological marketing slogan, they need to be prepared to do it without the parent company (which frankly has bigger fish to fry) doing the heavy lifting. This event was pretty much the result of one man's dedication (BIG thank you, Steve!), and his effort (and expense). That's all he ever said it was going to be.

If Steve is interested, I half-joked about us forming a 'Friends of Paul' annual family reunion in Hope. We FoP folks could even go so far as to lend support to the non-factory Klipsch Museum, which is currently closed due to property squabbles.

I had a blast. Great folk. Interesting music, neat gear (I didn't bring anything to my shame), fantastic food, wonderful people, fun in the surrounding area: exploring the official "Rock'n Roll Highway" that runs through Hope (bet you didn't know that) and the Hillbilly Williamsburg that's Washington State Park).

The weather on Saturday and Sunday was even proof that Paul's working in engineering in Heaven.

Hello. My name is P.M. I'm a Friend of Paul's.

Edited by pmsummer

Honestly, if people want the Paul Klipsch heritage to thrive beyond a scatological marketing slogan, they need to be prepared to do it without the parent company (which frankly has bigger fish to fry) doing the heavy lifting.

If the parent company has no interest in us, I can't see what future interest I would have in them. I would think they'd be interested in anything that promotes the brand no matter how small it is.

This event was pretty much the result and of one man's dedication (BIG thank you, Steve!), and his effort (and expense).

I can't begin to thank Steve enough. He's a great guy with a big heart.

That's all he ever said it was going to be.

Agreed, it was as advertised. It's possible I set my expectations too high.

On a side note, be sure to get Mike to sign in to the forum. He's a hoot. I had a great time with him and Otis outside after dinner.