I purchaased a new 7.2 channel receiver. Looking for Sound speaker help.

1911ACP

Recently bought a new 7.2 channel receiver, I went to the local Audio store and found a set older Klipsch S-10 surround speakers at a great price.

I have never listened to Klipsch speskers before and after doing the auto speaker calibration I was truly impressed. I want to add another two speakers to my system for the front highs. They mount behind the front mains at a 20 degree angle up from your lstening position. I will be mountinting them around 6 feet off of the floor. I do not have a large living room (18 Ft. X 15 Ft.). The effects you are supposed to get from the front highs are for sounds that are not at floor level.

I was looking to buy new speakers that would be equlivilent to the older S-10's.

What would match the sound from the oldrer S-10 that I have now.

I live in an appartmet so I listen at lower volumes. My music taste are the Blues, older Rock and Roll, I listen to a lot of movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime through a ROKU and a DVD.Blu-Ray player. All of the components are run through the receiver via HDMI cables and one cable out to the 60 inch TV.

Please help me spend my money for a nice sounding surround speaker. There are no stores where I live that has Klipsch set up so you can hear the sounds. You either can hear surround sound system for $500.00 or you go in the high end stores where I bought my used Klipsch and their display speakers are in the $1200.00 to $2800.00 each price range.

That is why I am here for the experiance from people that have what I am looking for.

Thanks for any help.

1911ACP

Most people use bookshelf speakers for FH. I like the surround speakers for that purpose. FH speakers are for ambient sound and don't have to be angled down with the Klipsch surround speakers. The FH speakers should be no less that around 3 ft. above the mains. They will add a vertical dimension to the soundfield and may or may not provide arieal effects depending on the movies. There are no movies made with discrete FH content to my knowledge. The Syngery surround speakers are also a good option for FH. I use RS 35's for FH speakers and like them and there role in the HT/music system.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...