Baseball Thread

Sancho Panza

music vote 3 here too indeed

3 BUCKS! wow lol the red seats i can remember the upper level top 6 rows red seats in the reds old riverfront were $4 i believe then you would stay in the green level and find a couple seats that were open ya know...

Iv been to some baseball and nfl in the past couple years i took dad to cincy 2 years ago to see tampa bay and bengals play. Gas to tickets bought off ebay with 15% commission if you call it that all the way back home including food $425. Thats the truth. Baseball get scalped tickets in the 3rd inning for real cheap maybe in bottom of the second but you can get in after eating wendy $1 burgers and maybe buy 1 $8 beer inside total gas food tickets $60 for 2 in a prius ya know maybe $75.

Them guys are just like us but had backing to get into the majors unless you can throw a ball 90mph your in no doubt lol fastest i ever threw was 76mph. iv caught and batted 85 plus mph pitchers and it is a lot of work in there but regardless i still love baseball most. Just seems like im involved in a lot more nfl and nba since i got older

Sancho I often had 50 cent general admission tickets to the local triple A club, as a kid. The other times I listened to the games on the radio.

Playing music during a game---I call it fish tanking. Baseball works well, as does cycling. The tour de France comes to mind.

I remember when tickets for SEC Football games went to $10 & my daddy complaining.

Don't think they paid the players...as much, in those days.

When I was a kid, you could go see the Dallas Cowboys play in the Cotton Bowl for $2. However, you had to sit in the end-zone and they had a chain-link fence that kept you from moving into any other area of the stadium. The old fence post holes are still visible at the stadium.....

• Like 1

However, you had to sit in the end-zone and they had a chain-link fence that kept you from moving into any other area of the stadium.

it's amazing how you can see something and have no idea the impact it will have on someone. when i was 12, i was at this game:

On May 17, 1973, Bobby Valentine was making a play on a home run ball at Anaheim Stadium when he'd suffer an injury that would prove to forever alter his career. As he jumped on the fence his spikes got caught in the chain links. The result—a multiple compound fracture that would cost him the rest of the season and slow him down for the remainder of his career.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

I remember when tickets for SEC Football games went to $10 & my daddy complaining.

Don't think they paid the players...as much, in those days.

When I was a kid, you could go see the Dallas Cowboys play in the Cotton Bowl for $2. However, you had to sit in the end-zone and they had a chain-link fence that kept you from moving into any other area of the stadium. The old fence post holes are still visible at the stadium.....

That is absolutely amazing. the guys today are so doped up and big sure they are killed with pain and should be paid a lot since the owner makes so much but them good old days it really took a man and sure some were drinking or drugging and im not saying its wrong i mean hell they have always went to the ends of the earth to put on a show but to spend a full days pay or 2 on a day at the ball park football or bb is for so many come and gone. still regardless live every day to its fullest and gotta see one if you have not.

I have watched clips from the olden days and they played with broken bones and a shot of whiskey not cortisone, morphine, hgh and a list of other drugs that the average man has never heard of but over half of every nfl team is lined up for this new injection that is a bit unknown but i know what their doing and its not the same. i too understand pain, i havnt made a million in a year let alone plural but every man on this planet that wants to work their tail off and does its a bit unfair that he has to live in what has become poverty and an athlete gets better treatment entertaining. Im jumping around a lot and have ran with some big dudes like sancho they are the same as us just a bit more backing. A few of my good friends play both semi pro fb and aaa bb and they fight through their pain unlike the million dollar pro market treatment. blah blah blah blah blah i know...

I still love the games..... them dudes are taking car wreck episodes play after play after play every weekend

Remember Baseball cards had what they did for a living in the off season?

man and making back around 1990 maybe 700k and still driving their rusted out 81 monte carlo. after game under the stadium there would be a fence was so close you could stand and talk to all of them about the game. Today That Gate Is A mile out and Wide! It use to be literally 20'x15' and you could hang out around them at the hotel pre game. You gotta have a lotta gold rope or a couple hit singles to get them to say anything back to ya nowadays.

Man im spilling it here. I still love pro games. Just a shame about the changes. The world is changing i guess and getting bigger..

However, you had to sit in the end-zone and they had a chain-link fence that kept you from moving into any other area of the stadium.

it's amazing how you can see something and have no idea the impact it will have on someone. when i was 12, i was at this game:

On May 17, 1973, Bobby Valentine was making a play on a home run ball at Anaheim Stadium when he'd suffer an injury that would prove to forever alter his career. As he jumped on the fence his spikes got caught in the chain links. The result—a multiple compound fracture that would cost him the rest of the season and slow him down for the remainder of his career.

thats a killer feature my friend! i have read and heard about it possibly even seen a clip of it. god bless them men in them days. tough as nails and put on such a great show! worth more than what we see today imo

• Like 1

I remember the day this, and I remember they day that, whats that sunny speak up I can't hear you. A bunch of old farts around here. :P Actually nothing wrong with that at all, if I could sit there and listen to the stories my grandpa told over and over I wouldn't say no. Good stories guys and gals.

I remember the day this, and I remember they day that, whats that sunny speak up I can't hear you. A bunch of old farts around here. :P Actually nothing wrong with that at all, if I could sit there and listen to the stories my grandpa told over and over I wouldn't say no. Good stories guys and gals.

owe now my friend you are only a few years younger than i and my wife is much younger than you lol

I love baseball. Got to play a little as a kid and grew up with the Cardinals. I had the privilege of seeing players like Musial, Gibson, Brock, O. Smith, and many others. I still follow the team no matter where I live. Thanks for this thread and stirring the memories!!