Smart phone for my brother

peshewah

My brother has a flip phone and wants to move up to a smart phone. Looking for something that is simple and very easy to use. My wife has a Iphone 5c. She had to turn everything off ( apps) to keep from using her data up. If she wants to use something she has to turn it on. I think thats BS. We called verizon and they are no help, their making good money off that.

My brother get confuse easily and very impatient. I think he is better off with the flip phone but....

Any idea on a good smart phone but not too smart?

How smart is your brother? I would guess plenty (seriously) if he hasn't been lured by general society into that crap. I held out for years until the prices fell. They are pretty nifty but... well... I think much of them depend on how you set them up to protect you from drawing against your plan when you don't intend to. I have an android/ Razor max which I am about to replace. The most amazing thing is how the camera has replace the point and shoot camera.

• Like 2

Yes he knows about his bill but the older men at the gymn makes fun of his flip phone. LOL. I guess I'll get him a iphone. None of them look very easy to navigate. The biggest problem is having to run into town every time he has a problem. But I guess that brothers do.

...My wife has a Iphone 5c. She had to turn everything off ( apps) to keep from using her data up...

I thought that if you had a smart phone with Verizon, you HAD to buy the unlimited data plan at $30/month extra. Are you referring to texting and SMS perhaps?

Edited by mustang guy

Thanks for the info guys. What I like about the iphone is if i buy it from apple using verizon as the carrier(thats my carrier and bro is on family plan) I can get insurance and apple care $99 for 2 years. Samsung dosen't offer that. I will check other makers tommarow. Thanks again

Nice catch Mustang!

On the phones though, I use a Samsung Galaxy III and its been pretty good. I'm on ATT and think it's too expensive. I prefer to buy my phones with cash and stay away from contracts. That way you can change phones anytime.

• Like 1