CF3 Series?

GatorUSMC

I was looking at a Yamaha A2020 and started getting the urge to dig some speakers out. I have a pair of CF3s, a pair of KLF20s, a pair of KG2.5s and a KV3 center(never did get that C7) sitting in the garage since I moved.

Out of curiosity, can someone tell me what series these CF3 serial numbers fall in:

Epic-cf3-black satin

058593573 I'm not positive on this one, although my wife and I came up with the same number. I can barely read it, it looks like it was typed without ink. It was sent back for tweeter replacement in 04. Seems odd for them to be so far apart, I bought them together at DOW.

hi. the serial numbers are off far enough that they could very well be a different series. heres how the number read.

1st one is the 212th day of 1995, definantly a series 3. the info i have says series 3 was introduced in the summer of 95.

2nd one is the 58th day of 1995, early enough that it is most likely a series 2.

easiest way to tell is to measure the ports, series 1 & 2 should have about 5" ports, series 3 will have 2-2.5" ports. also series 1 & 2 have a lighter greyish colored mid horn, series 3 is black.

its possible that when you sent it in for repair they swapped your drivers into a later box. box could have been damaged on its way there or something. cant believe klipsch would pay to have the entire 100lb speaker shipped back to them for a simple tweeter replacement.

hope that helps

Thanks for the welcome and the serial number info. I'll check the ports.

It's been awhile so I'm fuzzy on the details. I remember taking it back to DOW and I thought they told me they were sending it back to Arkansas. I know when it returned it was all packaged up. I'm not even sure on the 04 replacement date, that appears what is scribbled on a sticker on the back. I thought it was before 04 but who knows.

Yes. For longevity yet not proven with these particular models, take the marantz. I may be vague but from my experience all my marantz have only been harmed through user error. The denons on the other hand are big dollar fixes not due to user error, simply unit error. And sure i know the fact that they are close at hand in make. As are near everything you open up and compare from radio shack gear to mcintosh....FACT. May be hard to find same similar parts in each although look enough you will find identical parts or carbon copies. Marantz..unless you can find a harman kardon(longevity and very user friendly) that suits your needs. Then up to seperates. Or even hk with seperate amps. Best of luck with your endeavors all!

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've heard a lot of good things about Audyssey 32 so I'd rather just pay a little extra for the Marantz SR7008. I got a nice offer on that or the Denon AVR4520CI which I read has better amps.

I'm in the $1500 price range, separates are out of my league.