You're not gonna believe this

mustang guy

So your family is (was) anti-Irish? Edit: I was responding to minermark when my connection was rudely interrupted.

All the kids growing up were convinced by the adults we were everything from Amish to German, I seem to have blown all of that BS away.

All of the senior folks still alive despise me, their kids pretty much followed their thoughts, im THE bad guy.

They (all of them) cannot handle the truth I guess. maybe too many of them have spread the family BS to their kids already. who knows.

What I found very interesting about this whole senerio was, Every dam one on both sides of the family don't want anything to do with me.

Was there ever a Major Payne?

Funny you should say that.

The day my cousin called me up with the results of the DNA test she said I was a Payne, I said by God your Dam right im a pain ! iv always been a pian in someone azz!

Then she explained how the test result was a Payne, not a Pain.

Oh, and by the way. If I were you, I would be even more interested in my ancestry now. Didn't you ever wonder where that red hair, love for fighting and public intoxication came from? :)

Have you been to the UK? I have, and it's great! Go check it out sometime!

minermark,

Did your ancestors emigrate during the potato famine?

Frankly, you are the messenger, not the bad guy. Back in the old days they use to shoot the messenger, now they just act passive aggressive towards him. :)

Early/mid 1800s from the paper trail, potato time would be about right.

Edited by minermark

Sorry to hear that minermark, it is really a shame to have that type of behavior directed towards you. The shame is all theirs for their actions.

Naw, hell im more than fine with the results, I love it!......FK the family, I live better than every dam one of them, drink better too.......

• Like 1

I actually just got done tracing my family history also. It seems that I come from a long line of Audiovox's.

Craig, I need to see you in my office.

I'll be right there bossman. . .I'm on the phone with the movers. Looks like I'll be moving to Hope to be with family again.

NOW THIS IS GETTING SERIOUS. THIS WILL EFFECT US ALL I HOPE VERY WELL. MAN YOU TWO PUT A PARTY TOGETHER!

• Like 2

• Moderators
Ill throw in my two cents as a warning, watch out for just exactly how much you wish to know about where you came from!

Your right, my sister and mother did the same thing and come to find out we are related to of all things a famous pirate, and our last name was originally spelled a little different, Luquette instead of Luquet.

Just goes to show, you never know who your past family were sleeping with ! :o

• Like 1

• Moderators
What I found very interesting about this whole senerio was, Every dam one on both sides of the family don't want anything to do with me.

But why, what are the ashamed of or wanting to hide it don't make sense ?

However, it is all very interesting....

• Like 1

However, it is all very interesting....

I can only imagine its the BS they told their children over the past 100 years, I fkd that up.

When I confronted as many as I could, they had NO anser, because I have documented proof of the Lineage and they have nothing.

Black Sheep is pretty cool, oh yeah, my cousin Deb who paid for the test, she is pissed too, have not had contact in years with her or anyone else, they don't even tell me when someone dies!

Yes, im a poor, poor outcast thrown in the the dregs of the world with no one to call family, Now ask me if I give a flyin fk.

Im quite happy living the truth than live by the lie.

And on a side note:

The Payne family was quite happy to find me, and have been invited to gatherings through out the US and Dublin, I like my "New" family better......

• Like 2

With a name like sunburnwilly I just presumed he's a he. However a dress could explain that sun burnt willy.
A good presumption . The key is the spelling of Willy . The y is masculine whereas an ie is feminine . At least that's what my mother told me .

Speaking of mothers , we are all as old as our mothers on one level .

With a name like sunburnwilly I just presumed he's a he. However a dress could explain that sun burnt willy.
A good presumption . The key is the spelling of Willy . The y is masculine whereas an ie is feminine . At least that's what my mother told me .

Speaking of mothers , we are all as old as our mothers on one level .

exactly. He used to give me hell about spelling his name "willie". I didn't realize I was doing it, I guess because I was smoking so much reefer in those days....

• Like 1

In talking to my aunt about my south Mississippi family tree, I found out I was actually related to myself! More than once!

"I'm My Own Grandpa"

Now, many many years ago
When I was twenty three
I was married to a widow
Who was pretty as could be

This widow had a grown-up daughter
Had hair of red
My father fell in love with her
And soon the two were wed

This made my dad my son-in-law
And changed my very life
My daughter was my mother