I went looking for an Audio magazine and......

Speedball

There wasn't a single one on the shelf.

Barnes and Noble bookstore on the south side of Indy no longer carries a wide selection (5 or 6) at least of audio magazines.

Darn it, I was wanting to do some reading about what might be the latest and greatest. Oh well, I guess it may be due to lack of overall interest in "large" size audio components.

Now I bet if I went looking for headphones or little, mini or toy size electronic components there is probably a multitude of options.

How times change.

Here in ft wayne indiana the barnes and noble does farely good interestingly enough. Maybe they were out? I know i have ran into the same situation with barnes and noble with rc racing mags in the past as well at other big book stores. I always ask management about my issues(kind of pun intended)with the the magazine/s im looking for and ususally they just say demand is low. The one huge book store i used to take my kids and ex wife to is no longer in business but once she got her nook, 3 years ago barnes and noble was it. We actually bave 2 very nice B&N in ft wayne that keep well stocked. Man with audio magazines they do pretty good. I find it so much easier let alone economical to get a subscription. I usually get my fill after a couple years but still get a couple every month. The library is another great place i have found. I wear gloves and a dust mask of course in there but the main library we have here is incredible. Good luck on your venture. Hope you are more fortunate next time. I know magazines hold lots of gold in them compared to online articles so i appreciate your issue/s you didnt get. cheers!

• Like 2

5 or 6? Good luck with that! Even "back in the day" I really only recall Stereo Review, High Fidelity, and Audio as being commonly available.

I take $tereophile and Sound and Vision. Pretty much covers it from a "hard copy" need for something of a toilet read or coffee time. The bulk of my actual needs I get from here or the web.

Dave

Edited by Mallette