what are folks opinions on these?

Schu

Here is a pair for around $1200 new... http://www.newaudiovideo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8354&zenid=97c586916030f64ac4e3da33011b46aa I would say if you can get the pair for $800 or less you are getting a good deal still.

Not an authorized dealer so no warranty support.

Probably a decent sounding though never heard one myself.

If I were to use these as my main (front or equivalent) speakers, I think I'd want to hear them first and it might be hard to to do that given the lack of dealers. On the other hand, they might be great as surrounds. Also, these only spec out at 45 Hz on the low end and many of us would still want to use a sub to fill it in. That often (not always I guess) means at least one big 'ol speaker on the floor. All of that said, I'd sure enjoy a chance to hear these!!

• Moderators

Chuck, looks like Shu is wanting to use them for surrounds as he currently has a 3.1 setup so he does have a sub as well.

Those would be perfect if you had an odd shaped room, and had to put the surrounds in the ceiling.
and I do...