Is there such a thing as a "Klipsch Heritage Speaker Line Grading Scale"?

jimjimbo

I thought the Jub was a Heritage speaker and was PWK's attempt at a 2-way Khorn with an improved bass bin and the 403 horn..........and after PWK didn't completely finish and commercialize the product......and was "gone"......Roy saved it from discontinuation by placing it in the cinema lineup and putting a pro horn setup on it. I think this is the story...........and so the Jub is not really a Pro speaker........but exists......and exists as a pro speaker thanks to Roy. :)

......I'll disagree :)

The point is that the Jub was designed for a room........not a hall or theater, which makes it a great choice for a home speaker. Marketing chose to put it into the cinema line to keep it alive.

Looking at some of the other true cinema products.......they don't work as well in a "room".....as they were designed for theater use.

So it does matter that the Jub was a home audio speaker design..........at least to me it makes sense.........maybe not to some. :)

I thought the Jub was a Heritage speaker and was PWK's attempt at a 2-way Khorn with an improved bass bin and the 403 horn..........and after PWK didn't completely finish and commercialize the product......and was "gone"......Roy saved it from discontinuation by placing it in the cinema lineup and putting a pro horn setup on it. I think this is the story...........and so the Jub is not really a Pro speaker........but exists......and exists as a pro speaker thanks to Roy. :)

Gary Gillum did most of the work on the MWM in the same way that Roy did most of the work on the Jubilee bass horn, it was his idea to splay the horn sides and make it work to 1 Khz. where the original prototype Jube AND Khorn didn't.

Only the Belle, LaScala, and Khorn are "pure" PWK. The rest were all done by other engineers under his direction. But as owner of the company, and as "the legend", all outsiders give him full credit. In fact, when the Jubilee was developed, he had already sold the company to Fred Klipsch and Roy's engineering had gone to the Pro line for years in the 90's, even though he started with the Home line in the 80's.

Remember it was the HERESY that saved the company from bankruptcy and made as many gross dollars in the 70's as all the other speakers combined. So while the Khorn will always be the first "Heritage" speaker, the Heresy was the most successful. Let's not even talk about the huge sales volume of Gary Gillum's KG series.

Only the Belle, LaScala, and Khorn are "pure" PWK. The rest were all done by other engineers under his direction. But as owner of the company, and as "the legend", all outsiders give him full credit. In fact, when the Jubilee was developed, he had already sold the company to Fred Klipsch and Roy's engineering had gone to the Pro line for years in the 90's, even though he started with the Home line in the 80's.

Ok... question... somewhat rhetorical.

If I may try to paraphrase some things.

The Jubilee is strictly cinema. It was essentially designed by PWK's underlings, talented though they may be. We don't know if he would have settled on this "final" format or not (at least I certainly don't know)

Question.... if the Jubilee is not a Heritage because it was designed by his underlings, would it not follow that the LaScala II isn't a Heritage because if I recall, he had already passed away prior to it's redesign. In fact, I'd guess that he had more to do with and more listening sessions with the test Jubilee bins than he could have had with the LaScala II therefore, the Jubilee has more of "his sweat" in it than does the LaScala II.

If the LaScala II IS a Heritage because it's a redesigned LaScala, in spite of being done by his underlings, then would it not be reasonable that since the Jubilee was specificially designed to replace the Khorn and become the Khorn II that it would stay in that category?

Perhaps I'm being retentive but, if someone says the Jubilee isn't Heritage because it was designed by his team, I'd contend that per that logic, the LaScala fails the same test. Conversely, if the LaScala passes that test, then I'd contend the Jubilee should as well.

Since however, I happen to have a pair of Roy's Plug Ugly Petunia's.... I'm not going to lose too much sleep regardless of what the reality is.

:)