Oppo -105d install

USNRET

I replaced my -93 with a -105D this week. I plugged it in and watched a movie; ok, but no big deal.

Yesterday I changed things up a bit and put the DirecTv into the Oppo HDMI input and ran the Oppo's HDMI 1 out to the TV and the HDMI 2 to the Marantz prepro so that the Oppo was passing the video direct to the TV.

WOW! WOW! Haven't watched a BR or DVD disc in this configuration but DTV TV is outstanding. Every member of the household commented on the improvement.

Nice purchase. Your Marantz processor has 7.1 analog inputs; have you thought about letting the Oppo handle the DAC duties?

Thinking and I have the cables. However, I just spent big bucks on the Marantz and I would hate to think it cost that much for a switcher :) . This summer while the family is gone visiting grandma I plan on trying several variations.

I replaced my -93 with a -105D this week. I plugged it in and watched a movie; ok, but no big deal.

Yesterday I changed things up a bit and put the DirecTv into the Oppo HDMI input and ran the Oppo's HDMI 1 out to the TV and the HDMI 2 to the Marantz prepro so that the Oppo was passing the video direct to the TV.

WOW! WOW! Haven't watched a BR or DVD disc in this configuration but DTV TV is outstanding. Every member of the household commented on the improvement.

Glad you like it, was the darbee activated when you ran the Directv thru the oppo?

Glad you like it, was the darbee activated when you ran the Directv thru the oppo?

Didn't see difference D On/Off on a 55" Vizio. I understood the Darbee made a difference on BIG screens. Hope to see that this summer when I project in the back yard.

• Like 1

Didn't see difference D On/Off on a 55" Vizio. I understood the Darbee made a difference on BIG screens. Hope to see that this summer when I project in the back yard.

Nice!

• Moderators
Hope to see that this summer when I project in the back yard.

Always nice where there are improvements like that.

About a year ago someone here was talking about projecting outside and put a link to a forum about this. I lost the link, but for me it's probably better, after seeing what people were doing in the yards I can see where it could be very addicting. It looked like great fun, as it got bigger they would put out flyers in the neighborhood and invite everyone on weekends and end up with a crowd.

Does the Oppo have Audyssey or something similar for room correction?

No, just distance, trim levels and crossover settings for speakers

My Marantz av 8003 took a dump on me . Left main and left surround went out . I will be pressing my 105 into pre/pro duties later today after I run some errands .

My Marantz av 8003 took a dump on me . Left main and left surround went out . I will be pressing my 105 into pre/pro duties later today after I run some errands .

Did it turn out for you

Bummer. Warranty?

SSH

It's a refurb , about 3 months past warranty . This is my 3rd one . The first 2 had similar problems when received . This one set up and ran fine , until now .

My opinion of refurbs in the past was that ok the item didn't check out but then gets sent back through , fixed then checked again . I'll call Marantz customer service tomorrow and see what my options are .

Bummer. Warranty?

SSH

It's a refurb , about 3 months past warranty . This is my 3rd one . The first 2 had similar problems when received . This one set up and ran fine , until now .

My opinion of refurbs in the past was that ok the item didn't check out but then gets sent back through , fixed then checked again . I'll call Marantz customer service tomorrow and see what my options are .

At least you can use the oppo as a pre/pro until you can get a fix or replacement. Careful with the volume when you power it up and make sure it's set to variable not fixed and turned down low....I'm sure you knew that but just saying :)

Did it turn out for you

Haven't tried it yet . Have been reading threads from Audiogon and AVS where some folks say there is a problem using the volume control on the remote . Most state that the smartphone app works well but I don't have a smart phone . Need to swap em' out and see for myself .

Bummer. Warranty?

SSH

At least you can use the oppo as a pre/pro until you can get a fix or replacement. Careful with the volume when you power it up and make sure it's set to variable not fixed and turned down low....I'm sure you knew that but just saying :)

Thanks for the advice , the volume control is why I have hesitated .

On my 105D, I have it configured to turn on to a set volume. Regardless of the volume last played, it comes on at that set volume. No surprises at turn on. I have my 105D hooked directly into my stereo power amp using xlr cables. Cheap protection.

I use my 105D strictly as a pre pro into a stereo setup. McIntosh MC2102 amp and Klipshorns.

Control of the 105D is through the ipad app.

At least you can use the oppo as a pre/pro until you can get a fix or replacement. Careful with the volume when you power it up and make sure it's set to variable not fixed and turned down low....I'm sure you knew that but just saying

Swapped them out last night . The audio from my cable box sounds crappy but blu-rays sound pretty good . I can live with it for a while .