Streaming music too Older equipment?

Just curious if anyone knows of a device that will allow me too stream spotify to a parasound preamp, its an old php850 and i have a hca 750 to use. I want to use this as a separate system to power my AW650's outside as my Yamaha rxa1000 will not do both the HT and zone 2, or if it is capable I have not figured out how to do it. Also, is there any way to control the volume as well? I am told there may be a bluetooth device but I think I will be to far away for BT, so I was thinking if it could use wifi I would have this problem solved.

I am trying to use equipment I have instead of buying new as next year I would like to upgrade my processor. But maybe this is not possible!!

• Moderators

It would depend on what inputs you have on the Parasound preamp, if nothing else you could use a cable that is headphone on one end and a pair of RCA's on the other end, it could be powered from a phone or computer.

post-9700-0-70860000-1396910750_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel

It would depend on what inputs you have on the Parasound preamp, if nothing else you could use a cable that is headphone on one end and a pair of RCA's on the other end, it could be powered from a phone or computer.

1/4" jack to RCA, that is what I have hooked to my Marantz from an Airport Express and it works fine.

You can use Logitech Duets with plug-in. There happens to be some in the Garage Sale Section (cough, cough).

I love my Duet ! The new iPeng 7 iPad/iPhone app works fantastic with it. I don't use spotify very much but it does work well.

I have my Duet connected to Mac c28, Scott 340b and UMC-1. I saw yours in garage and thought about asking for the single one without remote as I already have one. But I just paid 7 dollars to upgrade and use my iPad in the bedroom wifi streaming. Only issue is it down samples FLAC to 320k mp3 through iPad.

You can use Logitech Duets with plug-in. There happens to be some in the Garage Sale Section (cough, cough).

Do those stream Spotify.

Mine does.

Edit: sorry it was sirius xm I was thinking about. Also has live365, flickr, and a huge "live archive" I've had fun going through from time to time. But you can get "add ons"

Edited by ajoker2c

Do those stream Spotify.

According to the google search they do with plug-in. I personally have not tried it. My new Marantz does all I need so the Duets are redundant now.

OK, I know i can use my phone through the rca- headphone cable.... I want to take my laptop outside and be able to stream it to a device hooked to the great sounding older Parasound, the duet thing will do this? Next question .....is there any way to control the volume as well? I know thats asking a lot, but it would be great if possible!!

I want to take my laptop outside and be able to stream it to a device hooked to the great sounding older Parasound, the duet thing will do this? Next question .....is there any way to control the volume as well? I know thats asking a lot, but it would be great if possible!!

That's exactly what Duet does. It can be streamed wired or wirelessly. The remote for the Duet or the iPhone app can control volume and select music and much more. As long as the laptop is in WiFi range you're good.

Edited by ajoker2c

• Moderators

The remote for the Duet or the iPhone app can control volume and select music and much more. As long as the laptop is in WiFi range you're good.

Exactly

OK this may sound crazy but it works well.

What I use outside is a pioneer car radio that has preouts, and a small Crown amp instead or the pioneer amps. The pioneer has a connection for the single wire headphone as an input, it also does HD radio and CD's. I plug my phone or laptop in and stream Pandora or Spotify. It works great for the outside bar or in the other yard speakers if I don't go out of wifi range.

In this pic I had some Heresy's on the bar trying everything out before mounting the Heresy's permanently, sounds great and works perfectly. I use a 15' wire to connect to the phone so you can sit anywhere at the bar or even lay in the hammock and change songs. The box with the radio and amp are now mounted in behind the bar, an old car battery on a trickle charger runs the radio. Not normal but works great and the sound would surprise you, the speakers are now mounted where the grills are in this pic.

post-9700-0-94580000-1396989723_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• Moderators

That is something I was looking for when I was streaming in the basement. I was about to buy a wifi transmitter, and receiver to get done what that does. Thanks for posting the link.

I like that, simple idea with analog and digital outputs and a not ridicules price.

Klipsch did a little wireless with the room grove and other things, they should come out with something like that.