oris horn with drivers

joessportster

Dang Joe, I was glad when they were sold as you first thought, so I could stop being tempted. :wacko: Wish they were closer so I could pick up those 7ft. woofers with the Oris horns to complete the set.

You are tempted, hell I struggled even letting the forum know they were available at all, When Blair contacted me again stating the buyer backed out, I was back and forth again

I could not help myself and I am attempting to work out something with Blair, I have no where to store them, no where to set them up, no way to use them, but I have seen that Oris rarely show up anymore used and if I can get a superb driver and horns already painted for close to the price of horns and shipping. I have to try, I will lay them on my side of the bed and take the couch if I can work it out

This is exactly what I was hoping for :) , I need them gone so I don't consider them - I am happy that they are staying local. The fact that you still rank them as one of your favorite speakers certainly means a lot - considering you have auditioned (if not owned) some of the most expensive speakers than anyone else on the forum. DO IT JOE DO IT!

PS - just listed a 2-way Marchand XM-9 on the garage sale forum - your timing is perfect :-)

Not really, I was hoping for good info in a meeting today and that did not happen, so I had to let Blair know I am out for the unforseen future,

ORIS Are up for grabs again

someone please buy these, you will not be sorry

PS Dkalsi, I have an XM-9 setting here on the shelf waiting for my next adventure, awesome crossovers

Not really, I was hoping for good info in a meeting today and that did not happen, so I had to let Blair know I am out for the unforseen future,

PS Dkalsi, I have an XM-9 setting here on the shelf waiting for my next adventure, awesome crossovers

I would buy these but Blair wants to ship in a box and I think they need to be crated.

I would buy these but Blair wants to ship in a box and I think they need to be crated.

I am sure blair would crate them, my personal pref to ship these would be pull the drivers take a piece of 3/4 ply mark bolt holes on ply and bolt drivers togeather with plywood between them, then wrap them like crazy with bubble wrap, then take the 2" foam sheets and make a box out of it, then put all thaat inside another box, insure them for 2000.00 and ship the drivers

for the horns they are very resilient (bert ships them from over seas in a box painted, one horn sets inside the other) then put the rear chambers in another box and either pallet them or ship seperate

can you tell I think Highly of the drivers :D , I do the horns as well

davis419b,

You might be able to get away with a box, a big box, if it is well packed. Would he plan on taking them apart....that is, is he going to take the horn off the back chamber? It can be done to reduce the size, but would have to be re-glued on your end....not a big deal just need to be careful taking them apart.

Edit: I would certainly suggest taking the drivers out and shipping them separately! Then, the horns will be very light and you will only have to contend with gross handling by FedEx or UPS. If he could double box, that would be premium.

You might want to take another shot at working something out. This really is a good opportunity and you don't have to do any of the work of buying new and then painting etc.

Good luck....Let me know if you get them, I would love to lend a hand with the setup if you wish.

Edited by Rudy81

I could talk to blair if you like, I have shipped a couple pairs in the past with no issues

I could talk to blair if you like, I have shipped a couple pairs in the past with no issues

Thanks Joe ! Blair and I have a deal all worked out.

Hey rudy, I know you will be helping don hook / set up the oris horns It would be interesting to hear your thoughts about the drivers IE... your tang band VS the lowther pm4a

Joe

I am very interested in listening to those drivers. The first set I ever listened to had AER drivers and it was that sound I fell in love with. It will be a very interesting comparison to my low end Tang Band drivers. I am looking forward to the listening session with Don.