kg 5.5 vs tangent 500

ducks75

Well got the tangents home and one of the mid horns is ccrackling/popping and very dull sounding, how and what do i replace it with?

Where are you located? May be someone can help you with their extra parts (to test it out).

Edited by cheric
  • Like 1

switch the 2 midranges to see if its possibly the crossover then report back...i have more but switching is always 1st and easy test. take your time some of those wires can get pulled off the connections since the wires are so short. make sure pos and neg leads are correctly attached of course

• Like 2

Ok thanks for all the replies guys i switched the horns and it did the same thing.... im sending off the xovers to crites to get them rebuilt and ordering the titanium tweeters at the same time im very anxious to see how these will sound....!!!

Ok thanks for all the replies guys i switched the horns and it did the same thing.... im sending off the xovers to crites to get them rebuilt and ordering the titanium tweeters at the same time im very anxious to see how these will sound....!!!

sorry, mis-understood... :)

Edited by cheric

• 4 weeks later...

Ducks75 is a great guy!

Me and my son headed out to ducks75 place and I had a chance to hear the upgraded T-5000's last week. We had a great 2 hour listening session trying out to all kinds to music from Bagpipes to Dubstep. This was my first opportunity to hear a Klipsch 3-way so I did not know what to expect. They are configured in a 2 channel configuration and I must say they do sound great. The sound they produce is very detailed and reveal everything the recording has to offer. Good recordings sound fantastic! Not so good recordings reveal just that. They produce good bass and have a balanced sound.

At the request of Ducks75 I brought with me a recently restored tube amp out with me so we could compare the sound with his solid state amp. The tube amp, in my opinion, improved the sound quality. A bit warmer, but still revealing, more bass and perhaps a bit less edge to the music.

Thanks Ducks75 for inviting us out! We had a great time! Nice upgrade to the speakers!!