Thomas 2 plus 2 organ speakers?

dblj67

I just came across a pair of vintage speakers they look like endtables. They each have a single driver. Nameplate says Thomas 2 plus 2 and on bottom it says Thomas organ. I couldn't find another pair or any info searching the internet. Anyone know anything about them? Any interest in them? I'll get some pics posted tonight. Thanks

I'd be careful. One of the best organ speakers ever is the Leslie tone cabinet (I use a Leslie with my Hammond B-3) but I've not heard of one being used with anything but an organ or sometimes with a guitar. The best Leslies are stand alone external speakers (not built into an instrument). I think Dave is probably right about the vast majority of organ speakers. Good luck!!

Chuck

I'd be careful. One of the best organ speakers ever is the Leslie tone cabinet (I use a Leslie with my Hammond B-3) but I've not heard of one being used with anything but an organ or sometimes with a guitar. The best Leslies are stand alone external speakers (not built into an instrument). I think Dave is probably right about the vast majority of organ speakers. Good luck!!

Chuck

I used to have a crappy "church" organ that came with a pristine Leslie tone cabinet. It actually did sound good (the Leslie) when used as a mono speaker, and was Very trippy sounding when the tremelo(?) was engaged.