For sale: La Scalas, black, perfect cabinets, ALK crossovers

Mark Williams

$1,400 firm

Serial numbers: 11R565, 11R566

Vintage is 1977

Here's the story:

There are ALK crossovers in these Klipsch La Scalas.

These have been professionally painted black (Benjamin Moore) with a texture-type finish. You can see it in the second photo. (Incidentally the interconnects in that photo are the silver plated OFC ones I build. See US Audio Mart for those. Silver for the price of copper.)

There are no dings or imperfections to the cabinets. All the lines that should be straight and true - are straight and true. Only one of them has the label on the back however. The other one wasn't able to be saved. :-(

The parts are original other than the ALK crossovers. Midrange metal horns #KV-55. Tweeters K-77, round magnets.

I've never driven these hard. And I'm only home on weekends. Most of the time they're on they are at conversational levels.

I will not/cannot ship these. And I personally cannot help you lift them. Sorry guys, I have a really bad back and cannot help you. I have made a lifting device which I'll give you and that will make lifting these monsters almost a snap! Almost!

You and a friend will have to come get them from the upstairs of my farmhouse in northern Pennsylvania on the New York state border. I am 5 hours from NYC and 3.5 hours from Philadelphia. Zip code is 18840.

I won't take lowball offers. Sorry. I don't need to sell these that badly and I'm not even sure I want to. I'm eventually moving to smaller quarters and will be getting smaller speakers. I will certainly miss the sound and efficiency of these.

Have you looked at the prices of NEW La Scalas? Ouch!

Thanks for looking and considering these.

Mark

570/423-6350.

That's a cell phone. Please leave a slow, clear message if I don't pick up. I will call you back.

post-14632-0-69380000-1397075544_thumb.j

post-14632-0-68180000-1397077053_thumb.j

Edited by Mark Williams

I'm one of the dummies, like most of the people on this forum. We don't think so good. How much do new ones cost and where I get dem?

TY for talking to us like morons, Benjamin Moore? Earl Schieb would put a glossy finish on them, not run a textured roller on them.

$1400.

Good luck with your sale

Edited by ZEUS121996

Not returnable if you decide it's too far to come or you lose your job or you just decide you want some other speaker. Sorry. I can't suffer fools or non-sense.

You sweet talker, you.

Welcome to the Forum.

Eth2, you're close to the OP, you should get these, they would go great with your Khorns!

Good luck with your sale, Mark.

If someone wants textured black... They probably look better in person.

My walnut lacquer '86s were about $1300, but I also drove to northern Illinois to pick them up.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

"I will not/cannot ship these. And I personally cannot help you lift them. You and a friend will have to come get them from the upstairs of my farmhouse in northern Pennsylvania on the New York state border. I am 5 hours from NYC and 3.5 hours from Philadelphia. Zip code is 18840. Payment will be in advance by money order. Not returnable if you decide it's too far to come or you lose your job or you just decide you want some other speaker. Sorry. I can't suffer fools or non-sense. "

​Not really a good idea to come into someones home and hurl insults, The problem here is you don't realize this forum is more a FAMILY than anything

By the way your Lascala's have VERY LITTLE in common with the new Lascala's so comparing price is not relevant

We take our community and audio very seriously here, and as such there are countless numbers of lascala upgrade and refinish threads as well as hundreds of owners, and I am sure you could easily sell your speakers here for what the community KNOWS the value to be with the proper approach , Ebay does not set our prices, Klipsch performance / and Knowledge does

Of course you are free to set any price you like and I would never interject normally, However when insults are thrown at a community I love I feel an obligation to speak

Edited by joessportster

Guys: This is an ad in the Garage Sale Forum.

Why not let the OP do his business. If you do not like what is being offered then the solution is simple - let someone else buy them.

Tom, I like your tact and the way you’re trying to impart peacekeeping. To answer your question: Some people are numbnuts and a hint or nudge doesn’t have the desired effect. Actually, a swift and violent knee to the groin could be fruitless in more than one way – bless their heart.

Now, in the OP’s defense, he prolly didn’t know that, here, he was among peaceful, meek, caring and informative individuals. I have had ads on CL and free dating sites and to put it nicely, they can be very annoying. He probably just copied and pasted from an ad, not knowing the mild mannered members doesn’t take too kindly to being insulted. This OP doesn't, seem to, deserve the dunce cap, but some do.

• Like 1