Any Motorcycle Racing Fans? MotoGP at COTA 4-13-14

Ceptorman

The fastest, most expensive race bikes ever made with the best riders on the planet are in Austin Texas this weekend, MotoGP. These bikes are capable of traveling from 0-100 in under 4 seconds, 100-160 in 3.5 seconds, and on a 64 degree lean angle in the turns, top speeds close to 220 mph. These bikes have 260 hp, and weigh 325 lbs, with about a million dollars worth of electronics keeping them upright. There are two Americans racing, one of the from Texas, Colin Edwards. Its live on FS1 Sunday at 3pm, unless you're in Texas, then you should go, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Edited by Ceptorman
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's cool to watch him go from not being able to touch the ground sitting on the seat, all the way to MOTOGP. I seen him and Tommy duke it out on the track many times. I remember reading in RRW in the late 90s how he hoped to make it into GP. Who would have thought he would become world champion?
Do you ride or race?

Yeah, it's cool to watch him go from not being able to touch the ground sitting on the seat, all the way to MOTOGP. I seen him and Tommy duke it out on the track many times. I remember reading in RRW in the late 90s how he hoped to make it into GP. Who would have thought he would become world champion?

Do you ride or race?

I do a little racing with WERA on a Suzuki SV650 Superbike. It's a lot of fun, and I've learned a lot. I thought I was fast till I ride on a track! There is a great group of folks at the track. I ride a Honda RC51 on the street, that's what Nicky won his AMA SBK title on. There's a half built track not far from you, Bluegrass Motorsports Park, in Sparta. They started arguing and ran out of funding, a real bummer because there are no tracks we race at in Indiana.

I recently got bit my this audio bug, motorcycles are a huge passion for me. Do you ride? If you're coming to Indy for the GP in August, give me a shout.

I raced a SV650 in AHRMA BOT F1, raced all over the US and was 2nd in points in 2005. I won the Daytona BOT F1 in 2006, came home and sold everything except for my leathers and haven't raced since (I know it's not much but it's all my wallet could stand). Have you been on Putnam? I raced there with WERA a couple of times, before the falling out. I busted my ars there in turn four in 2003 on a FZR600.

I know what you mean about feeling slow. Other riders in my home area called me Mad Max for a reason. I got to the track and discovered I was only a playground king when I got into a real match. It's a great group. Competitors will help each other all we can to get out and risk blood, teeth and eyeballs for a $5 plaque.

You're right about BMP. Been to Mid Ohio? I prolly won't make it to Indy, but if I find some speakers in your area.... Too bad Colin is hanging up his leathers at the end of this season.

Edited by jweber

I raced a SV650 in AHRMA BOT F1, raced all over the US and was 2nd in points in 2005. I won the Daytona BOT F1 in 2006, came home and sold everything except for my leathers and haven't raced since (I know it's not much but it's all my wallet could stand). Have you been on Putnam? I raced there with WERA a couple of times, before the falling out. I busted my ars there in turn four in 2003 on a FZR600.

I know what you mean about feeling slow. Other riders in my home area called me Mad Max for a reason. I got to the track and discovered I was only a playground king when I got into a real match. It's a great group. Competitors will help each other all we can to get out and risk blood, teeth and eyeballs for a $5 plaque.

You're right about BMP. Been to Mid Ohio? I prolly won't make it to Indy, but if I find some speakers in your area.... Too bad Colin is hanging up his leathers at the end of this season.

Very cool! It sounds like you did well. I've been to Putnam probably 24 times with Nesba and STT, the WERA and Putnam split was before my time, same with IRP. I've been to the AMA races at Mid Ohio, but never raced there. I like Grattan a lot, especially counter clockwise, WERA's May race there is backwards. Been to Gingerman, Barber and Rd Atlanta.

You're right, the money aspect is keeping me from the track. I got married two years ago, and adopted two girls. I love my life, but I do miss the buzz you get when grid ding up.

My racing friend is good friends with Colin, he's at COTA now, and spent last week and his Bootcamp. I guess about 10 GP racers went to the Bootcamp last week also. My buddy was on Colin's pit crew when he raced the Baja 1000 last year. Colin flew into our little town via Army helicopter at last year's Indy race, he just an average guy that's very approachable. Here are a few pics with Colin at my friend's farm. He flew us to the race in the copter, he likes guns and is a big Wounded Warrier fan.

post-58190-0-02740000-1397333243_thumb.j

post-58190-0-08900000-1397333263_thumb.j

post-58190-0-04260000-1397333292_thumb.j

post-58190-0-20220000-1397333319_thumb.j