Is KLF 20's that much better than KLF-10's for HT

soupy1970

I recently purchased the KLF-C7 because i heard it was an awesome center, and am pretty much building a system around that speaker. I currently have an older RF-15 and RC-25 system with RB-61 II's for surround. I really like this system but want something bigger.

I have two HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs. I'm just confused on the whole 2-way vs 3-way which I think is the main difference between the KLF-10 VS THE KLF-20'S. Am I missing something that would make the KLF-20's better for my use? I have a lead on some KLF-10's so I am thinking I should get them and if I feel the need to later get the KLF-20, I can move the KLF-10's to surround duty.

I asked this question over on the Klipsch owner thread at AVS and two people (who's opinions I respect) responded that the KLF-20 is a much better speaker, but the KLF-10's aren't slouches and would work too. I guess I am looking for more info on why they are much better in my situation.

Thanks,

Ken

Edited by soupy1970

I would get the 10's and then do just what you said - get the 20's (or 30's) and move the 10's to surround duty. I've got the 30's up front, 10's in surround and the C7 center. In my opinion the 30's are much better than the 10's as main speakers and imagine the same is true of the 20's. You will love an all-KLF HT system. (Get a good sub that goes low to go with it.) Owners of the 20's jump in here and help Ken out!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies! My main concern is the seating will be around 13 ft from the fronts. The room is 13 ft wide. I do have two capable subs in my HT system already. I thought I have read that 3-way needs a larger room where seating distance is further from the speakers? My current speakers are pretty in your face now when cranked to -10 for movies. I am sitting about 10 ft right now, but the KLF's are for after a room remodel and seating will be a few feet further back.

Thanks,

Ken

• Like 1

I first bought my 10s and then scored some 20s. I can say without a doubt the 20s are better than the 10s in every possible respect. That being said, buy the 10s and keep an eye open for a deal on some 20s. I sit about 9' from my 20s, although my HT room is big. HSU are good subs, and 2 are always better than one; they should be nice with the 10s and 20s

Sent from my iPhone, excuse the typos :)

Edited by Rowan611
  • Like 1

I just got back from a road trip with the KLF-10's. I have not run Audyssey yet and just unhooked my RF-15's/RC-25 and plugged the KLF-10's and KLF-C7 in. I am blown away by the sound so far. I will try to run Audyssey tomorrow but all I have to say is WOW! I have three Ti Diaphragms coming from Bob Crites in the next couple days too.

I'm still on the hunt for the KLF-20's but in all Honesty I would be happy with just the 10's all the way around. I'll keep my RF-61 II's in surround duty untill I find another set of KLF's

Ken

• Like 2