Would this be acceptabl

rbrown0678

Ok i'm thinking of placing two different pairs of networks in a Cornwall using the same hi-mid -low, going back to separate Input

terminal . will there be any issues with network (1) or (2) being affected by each other . (ie) backfeed to, and, or through the other network .

Could it present a problem for spr's and source . (amp/receiver) after implementation don't want to open Spkr's .

I don't have the technical knowledge as to whether this is a bad idea, but it seems like you would only want one network connected at a time.

If I'm understanding your intent correctly, you can change sources more easily than this, and there have been recent threads regarding "switching" devices. Hopefully some of the experts will chime in soon...

Best of luck with your quest.

popular belief leans towards this is not such a good idea, i tried using a voltage tester to see what kind of voltage is present at spkr terminal ,this did not yield any

result.might need meter with smaller measurement.

can anyone tell what voltage i might expect to see at input terminal of spkr. looking for some means to activate rely, and separate networks,

thank's for your response .

popular belief leans towards this is not such a good idea, i tried using a voltage tester to see what kind of voltage is present at spkr terminal ,this did not yield any

result.might need meter with smaller measurement.

can anyone tell what voltage i might expect to see at input terminal of spkr. looking for some means to activate rely, and separate networks,

thank's for your response .

You would need to disconnect all three drivers from the network. The problem would be how would you know what network had power going to it since the power would flow through both networks.when audio was applied.

Better off with just a manual switch of very high quality if you were to contemplate doing this.

bless you op. what you stated i understand. I have no knowledge in particular although the thought of your idea made me feel bad for your cornwalls all so suddenly. Please take DrWho's advice and call him in the morning. The best to you op. Sincerely

• 2 weeks later...

It wood not be acceptabl 2 me.

You sound like you want to be able to quickly switch crossovers to change the sound of the speakers. If so, you need to run outboard crossovers with banana plugs all around, including a set for each driver in the speaker on the back of the cabinet.

Connecting 2 crossovers at once will allow some of the capacitors and inductors in the unused crossover to be part of the active circuit, depending on the design.

Personally, that's what tone controlls are for.