Advice Please

Tilnot

I need advice on picking the appropriate speaker for my room. Room is 12' x 16' with 8 foot ceiling. I'll be using a Primaluna Dialogue Integrated amp. I mainly listen to jazz. My first choice is cornwall iii or heresy with a possible subwoofer. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks :)

• Like 1

The Cornwall would be more coherent with good bass. Not sure how they would match up with that particular tube amp. If you want better low bass, the Heresy combo with a couple of subs would do a few things well, offload the bass duties from an amp that might not be as tight to the subs amp and also provide deeper bass. The other nice part of the Heresys is that you can put them on taller stands to bring them to ear level. Something that you can't do easily with large Cornwalls.

Both would work nicely though.

Tilnot,

Welcome to the forum.

I think you could realistically go with either scenario, Heresy III/subwoofer or Cornwall III's in that size room.

I believe it is possible to have an HIII/subwoofer combo sound as good(or better) and as full as a pair of CIII's.

With either setup the price of entry may come in at about the same number.

I don't know your total budget but a Klipsch Heresy III/SVS SB13 Ultra combo would be an awesome setup and I believe could slightly trump a pair of Cornwall III's if set up properly.

Bill

The User name reveals the speaker recommendation ( no surprise we all have our favorites) ... :rolleyes: The CORNman says "CORNwall's" !!!! :D

All kidding aside, either will be good, but I believe if you were to get a hundred votes here from experienced users of both setups, the Cornwalls will have the most votes. The Cornwalls are so versatile for any type music & especially good with jazz. If nothing else for simplification - having one pair of speakers rather then 3 or more, & all the balancing other audio nervous a associated with to many options for the user. I have owned all of the Heritage series except the Bellas & now have the Jubilees as well, but I dont think I will ever sell my Cornwalls. Just my opinion - ymmv

Welcome to the forum, let the adventure begin.

Cornman

12x16x8 is fairly small... CW's are perfect, but the heresy might be a better fit since you plan on using a SW and the room is only 1500+ sqft in volume. (Heresy is going to be cheaper also)

am I the only one wondering what a "Primaluna Dialogue Integrated amp" is?

Edited by Schu

Cornwalls are a great choice, I have both and love both, and wouldn't think of a reason(audio related) to ever sell any of them. I have never used a sub with my Heresies and have always been happy with them. Though the Cornwalls give a larger sound for the obvious reason. Welcome to the forum and enjoy some fine tunes.

The Cornwall III is a disappointment, the new Heresy sounds worlds better. They couldn't find the mold for the K-600, so the C III has the same diminutive horn in at as the new Heresy (K-700). The horn is too small for that box size, it doesn't sound right (to me).

Ditto on the Cornwall I suppose.

They couldn't find the mold for the K-600, so the C III has the same diminutive horn in at as the new Heresy (K-700).

I think they were being lazy or cheap. They could have taken a K-600 horn and replicated it if they wanted to.

I would go with the HIII, or if buying used, even the HII. The Cornwalls I heard in Indy had muddy bass. For that sized room, Heresy speakers would work fine. You could always add a sub later if you weren't satisfied.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

Here is another vote for the Cornwall. I have never heard the Cornwall III but have owned both the Cornwall I and currently have Cornwall II. In fact, the room that I have the Cornwalls in now is similar in size to what you have. I've also owned the Heresy and it is a great smaller speaker but I do prefer the Cornwall by a fair amount.

Edited by JMON

Either way i do not feel you could go wrong. Sure a heresy may be preferred with a subwoofer although they are very productive on their own as well. Best of luck on you search. I would really take my time in making your decision. There are some very valid points made in your thread without doubt. That said there are many options out there with the figures you are dealing with, All of which are klipsch. Test and try and demo and then again. Try to demo other klipsch gear as well. Cheers to you my friend!

• Like 3