Advice Please

Tilnot

The Cornwall III is a disappointment, the new Heresy sounds worlds better. They couldn't find the mold for the K-600, so the C III has the same diminutive horn in at as the new Heresy (K-700). The horn is too small for that box size, it doesn't sound right (to me).
I totally agree with all of that. Why didn't they turn to the K-601, since that's been lurking around somehere?

The C III sounds to me like a Heresy with a little bigger woofer. I think not finding a 600-Hz horn was a MAJOR mistake!

I have always wanted a redesigned Cornwall with a 600-Hz horn and cover. I think Klipsch should do that, and offer a retrofit if at all possible.

The old Cornwall I and II are great speakers, should be re-created instead of trying to peddle the dog that is the III. MHO

A pair of Heresy combined with one or two high quality subwoofers (Klipsch KW-120 THX sub pictured bottom right, Heresy III top right) will give you more installation versatility, deeper bass and a 2.1 setup (if you might want to use these toward a home theater system). If you don't want a subwoofer, then a pair of Cornwalls (1989 Cornwall II pictured on the left) have respectable bass and are a very good sounding stereo speaker choice.

Edited to add picture description info.

post-58241-0-94820000-1397752653_thumb.j

post-58241-0-62900000-1397752677_thumb.j

Edited by Khornukopia
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A pair of Heresy combined with one or two high quality subwoofers (Klipsch KW-120 THX sub pictured bottom right, Heresy III top right) will give you more installation versatility, deeper bass and a 2.1 setup (if you might want to use these toward a home theater system). If you don't want a subwoofer, then a pair of Cornwalls (1989 Cornwall II pictured on the left) have respectable bass and are a very good sounding stereo speaker choice.

Edited to add picture description info.

Nice picture. I thought the CW II had the woofer moved up closer to the mid horn. I am a happy owner of H III. They are easy to move around and being off the floor with a bit of a bass help from the amp, they sound fantastic. I have to note that I am not a fan of HT type low undefined bass. I like my bass to sound warm and accurate whithin the bass guitars region i.e. 50Hz -150 Hz.  Never heard any of the CW's.

Edited by Lud Mil
  • Like 1