Emotiva Fusion 8100 Receiver

Youthman

Rich, most receiver spec I see online are rated with all channels driven.

Again, I know wattage isn't everything but but even from a marketing standpoint, I would think the vast majority of users would choose a 100 watt equivalent receiver over a 65 watt. That's why companies began producing 110, 120, 130 and 140 watt receivdid

How many receivers actually say all channels driven? I don't think but two or three. If you look at the higher power Yamaha and Denon, most only may about 1/3 - 1/2 their rated output when driving more than two channels. Most specs are now based on the thought that you will never drive all channels at the same time. Really a way to play marketing games with power along with lower the quality of the power supply. You used to see monsters that weighed in at well over 40-46 lbs boasting 100 watts per channel. Now they are less than 30 lbs. Unless they are class D, you don't get the high powers of the spec sheet.

Needless to say, depending on what Klipsch and size room you are talking, 65watts may be very very good. If you are trying to use your speakers for music two channel also, I would look for a receiver or amp that pushes 4 ohms and is SPEC'd that way.

Been reading about Emo for quite a while and been tempted. Most of the talk seems to be about low cost, power and build quality. What do most of you think about sound quality of thier offerings and what would you expect in that regard with this AVR unit? The last update for me involved staying with Marantz based on reviews, experience, etc. but I was certainly tempted!!

My pioneer SC-25 drove my RF-63's to insane levels just like my Emotiva XPA-3 did. In fact, I sold the XPA-3 ( I really wanted separates) because I couldn't talk myself into keeping the XPA-3, didn't hear a upgrade in sound to justify the price. I believe I have talked myself into the Fusion 8100 I just need it to go on sale and it will be mine.

Edited by K5SS

Thx Scrappy. I thought ARC was a new room correction. I was wrong. Thx for the info. That makes more since why they would add it to HDMI line.

Rich, maybe I'm thinking the "norm" is what I saw with my HK aVR3600 and previous Yamaha 1800

HK 3600 specs say

Multichannel Power (all channels driven)

(Front L & R channels)- 85 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz–20kHz into 8 ohms (Center channel) 85 Watts @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz–20kHz into 8 ohms (Surround (L & R Side, L & R Back) channels)- 85 Watts per channel @ <0.07% THD, 20Hz–20kHz into 8 ohms - See more at: http://www.harmankardon.com/estore/hk/us/support/spdp.jsp?pid=AVR%203600#sthash.ePilnqAL.dpuf

Yamaha 1800 specs say

RMS Power (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz) [THD] 130W x 7 [0.04%]

Maybe that is not the norm

Reference are spot on in your assessment of why I stated what I said. To me I would think that that marketing wise it would be a good idea to produce a receiver that is 100 W per channel or more. My guess is they will produce other receivers in the near future that will be the slowing down to charge even more for those "features"

Youth, ARC aside from what Scrappy was saying is also a room correction software, Anthem’s Room Correction. It is arguably the best in room equalization out there that comes with Anthems D2v, AVM50v, and their new MRX receivers. You can also use it with anthem older statement pre-amps like Carl’s D2 or even the D1. It is definitely a lot more involved than Mcacc or Auydessy XT32 and requires a Serial port adapter and a laptop instead of a MIC that plugs into a receiver or pre amp. Each microphone with ARC is calibrated to the exact pre amp with a matching serial number. Definitely the most tweak-able fine tuning equalization out there.

post-52289-0-31500000-1397566926_thumb.j

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch

• Moderators
Youth, ARC aside from what Scrappy was saying is also a room correction software, Anthem’s Room Correction. It is arguably the best in room equalization out there that comes with Anthems D2v, AVM50v, and their new MRX receivers.

Thanks Michael. I thought I read somewhere about ARC being room correction, that's why I was confused. Someone should have copyrights to "ARC" to keep from the confusion. LOL ARC sounds pretty high tech and likely is VERY customizable.

Youth, ARC aside from what Scrappy was saying is also a room correction software, Anthem’s Room Correction. It is arguably the best in room equalization out there that comes with Anthems D2v, AVM50v, and their new MRX receivers.

Thanks Michael. I thought I read somewhere about ARC being room correction, that's why I was confused. Someone should have copyrights to "ARC" to keep from the confusion. LOL ARC sounds pretty high tech and likely is VERY customizable.

almost to customizable. LoL

I would say it is more comparable to audyssey pro. It gets extremely involved, or so I've read. I would say the cost of the audyssey pro package is just included in anthems pricing. Bottom of the line avr is 1000+. Although I am sure it much better quality all around than most mid levels avrs in the same price category. I am looking into anthem for my next piece. Just gotta get my mind over the "lack" of features compared to everything else out there. Need to keep in mind they are more about quality sound like the good ol days before networking and hdmi and all that stuff.

Yep you are 100% correct the features are going to be much less with Anthem scrappy but they focus on and put their effort into a well designed processor with amazing equaliztiona nd customizatioin for in room response etc. In all honesty I think you will really like the high end Anthem processors especially with how we like to tweak things. I could see you using them with the Klipsch Pro Cinema equipment in your future setup. I think in te next home that is where I would like to go is using the pro cinema gear. There are some neat reviews that go over exactly what you just stated with them not having much features. I would think most of us have a lot of other gear we can always use to get the features we want and use the processor for audio nirvana. I use an Apple TV3 and PS4 for different apps etc as well as the Oppo. When it comes to the theater room I just enjoy the D2v for movies that’s about it but I can see for a typical setup it wouldn’t meet all the requirements people would want. You don’t have a typical setup though haha.

I am looking into anthem for my next piece. Just gotta get my mind over the "lack" of features compared to everything else out there. Need to keep in mind they are more about quality sound like the good ol days before networking and hdmi and all that stuff.

That's why I am totally pleased with my NAD T175HD pre/pro. Less $$$ invested in bells and whistles, more $$$ invested in better sound quality.

"Music First" is NAD's philosophy and I am totally okay with that. Though I do wish the T175HD had XT32 with SUBEQ.

Bill

I have an older D2 with ARC that has HDMI 1.1. I don't feel it's lacking in any way. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything I'd replace it with. My player decodes everything and sends data to the D2 for DA conversion. The sound is spectacular. My second Anthem piece is a preamp in a 2 channel rig. It's the best sounding preamp I've owned. Love their products as their a "sound first" company.