What A Day

derrickdj1

The room is large for a theater area but, odd shaped. The bumper pool table is also a card table and the other table is for small kids to play on and eat. They still spill stuff on the white carpet, lol. I keep a can of Resolve carpet cleaner nearby. The funny thing is none of the kids mess with the equipment.

Next, shelved for Bluray/DVD and more open storage to fill in some of the space. In the real dark pic, there is a small frig and microwave for snacks. I am the only one down in this room 90% of the time so, I won't go cazy with to many renovations.

Edited by derrickdj1

It looks like a nice room and having the fridge there is a plus! My wife won't even go in our theater unless I'm there. She is scared for some reason (probably cause its dark) and would know how to turn on anything except the lights. Ill keep it that way :) resolve = OCD persons happy place

Edited by MichaelandKlipsch
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Using multiple capable subs correctly (placement is crucial)can bring truly awe inspiring( when called upon) foundation for music and movies. I use sixteen TC LMS-Ultra 15" and 18" drivers in sealed cabinets driven by nearly unlimited amplification (four iTech8000 and four PL380). The total freedom from audible compression and majestic ease cannot be put into mere words. A true foundation for the most demanding audiophile, bass fanatic and worth each penny invested.

It is all about clean output,low distortion and massive displacement even at minimal cone excursion. I use dual Sunfire ATMOS to help Dynaudio powered monitors as part of my most minimalistic PC audio setup and even a near sub like the ATMOS (two of them) help with the realism.

Thank you, yes I will stay. Never left the Klipsch forums. Just took an extended "sick" leave.

Using well placed quartets of identical subwoofers you can achieve near flawless (at listening) position bass. The ideal is to start with a great single rather than multiples of lesser subs, as you get towards the magical set of four, you will only get improved SQ and greater headroom. Mix and match works , but never leads to the "That is it, I have reached my goal" joy. Often one well positioned and calibrated sub can bring good enough performance to satisfy a very critical listener.

Again I prefer sealed subs, negatives are multiple drivers need to be used to get to a desired SPL/freq goal, more robust driver/amplification used.And if you need apply PEQ, drivers with enough Xmax and safe high Xmech just in case you decide to floor the volume.