n

Axz Hout

What do you mean the posting went away? I started this thread not realizing someone had started the other one

Thought I read it on the other thread. And now it is back, like you found out.

If wrong, sorry. Still good find!

*Toolz mentioned posting was gone/deleted on other thread. It was listed at $350 previously according to other thread. Viola, now $300.

Sweet

Edited by billybob

I would absolutely love to own it. No matter the money in my pocket or quality of the re-do this is a fraction of the brain at work from the only man that appears in my slumber. What i collectors item. possibly rebuild to specs then throw a squaker or just set a tweeter on a single for center. That speaker makes me drool :P and blush :wub: for real :)

• Like 1

http://nh.craigslist.org/ele/4416484576.html

Vintage KLIPSCH corner speaker MINT !!!!!! - $350 (Bedford, NH)

00I0I_8oo9VOUEW4O_600x450.jpg

The bottom "hole," is probably not a hole, but a 15" woofer without the aluminum done the "extended range" top speaker has. Zillions of DIY corner horns were made, as well as by EV (Klipsch license, for a while) and JBL. This one looks like a home brew.

I would absolutely love to own it. No matter the money in my pocket or quality of the re-do this is a fraction of the brain at work from the only man that appears in my slumber. What i collectors item. possibly rebuild to specs then throw a squaker or just set a tweeter on a single for center. That speaker makes me drool :P and blush :wub: for real :)

I would also like to own this. all joking aside. However finances dictate otherwise. Can you imagine if it were actually a Klipsch Prototype? I grew up listening to a radio/record player with one speaker. That's one cone, not 2 speakers in one cabinet. If this could be verified as actually Klipsch, the value could go up who knows how far. I'm not above listening to a mono source from time to time.

What 'Klipsch design' do you fellas think this looks anything like? Because I've been through the museum (photographed it painstakingly too), and there is nothing in the Klipsch lineup or prototypes that looks anything like this cabinet. No two-woofer models, nothing with slots on the side like this in this era. This is some home-brew dealio. NOT Klipsch. BTW, I have a kit-built shorthorn that my uncle put together in his apartment at Purdue when he was rooming with my Dad. Just has an inexpensive Utah coaxial driver in it, but it's at least genuine.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Hey Michael! It's so good to see ya in the forums bro. :D

Sorry guys, I started this thread not realizing there was one already started regarding this ad and this speaker a few pages back in the forums.

The two threads have now been merged as some of your questions regarding what type of speaker it may be (ie Klipsch Rebel) have been addressed in the original thread.

Edited by Youthman