Marantz SR4001

cheric

• Moderators

Selling on Ebay between $100 and $200 so it's definitely a good buy. My guess for $50, if it's in good working condition, yes, it would be a good deal to pick up. If it doesn't meet your needs, you should easily be able to sell it for at least what you have in it.

Check with willland, he knows a lot about Marantz models.

Michael,

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I have only owned a vintage Marantz receiver and seven Marantz monoblocks. Now those pieces operated flawlessly but I have no experience with Marantz AVRs, though many on this forum do own and enjoy them.

Bill

• Moderators

Well, you have always been my "go to" guy when I have receiver questions because you seem to know a lot about various models and I knew you have owned NAD, Maratz, Onkyo, Integra and a few others along the way.

I ran an sr5001 and loved it. It was great. Only issue i had with it was when the fiber around my surround wires were frayed out together and shorted the receiver out and put it in protection mode shutoff. It was a nightmare that was my fault. For $50 i would buy it as long as functioning. That lockout protection mode feature happens with that unit about 1 second after being powered on. It is a great receiver and only failed due to my own user error