Bicycles are stupid

CECAA850

What an unbelievable attitude. The public is in danger forever from this woman with no sense of values and a stated disregard for others.

If I were the judge, I'd give her a choice; either a lifetime ban from driving, so she can text all she wants and not endanger the public, or she can choose to have a lifetime ban on owning a cell phone.

Her choice.

What an unbelievable attitude. The public is in danger forever from this woman with no sense of values and a stated disregard for others.

If I were the judge, I'd give her a choice; either a lifetime ban from driving, so she can text all she wants and not endanger the public, or she can choose to have a lifetime ban on owning a cell phone.

Her choice.

Too bad there's not a lifetime ban on stupidity.

I like think like that the dude on the bike was like looking at the fox in the car and like slammed into the car. He like should have like been more careful, duh. Doesn't he like know that a hot girl is like popular? She has to like answer all those texts, or like her friends will like think she's like mad at them, so whatever.

• Like 2

I.m going to bring out the other side to this... Did she run into the bike or did the bike run into her? In the video it says the dent is in the side of her car which would make me believe the bike ran into her. I am a firm believer that you should not be texting while driving and she was def wrong for that but if the bike ran into the side of her car then it would be his fault. I hate the way bikers seem to think they don't have to stop at intersections, hog a lane to themselves, and act like a pedestrian when it suits them at an intersection. I think bikers need to pay attention too, as they are also responsible for their actions.

She may have pulled out in front of him. Why else would they cite her if the cyclist was at fault?

Don't know.. I am just bring it out there because I have seen all the TV ads about Motorcyclists and how even if you are at fault they will sue and win. In California the Cyclists seem to think they own the roads and if they pull out in front of you you should stop... even if they are wrong. I am not saying that is what happened but it is possible. Plus it is possible that since she was seen texting that they made her automatically at fault.

Edited by Ron

so just so I am clear, Your car is more important than a human being? You are lost, little girl. Someone needed to spank you a long time ago. The really sad part is we are in a world full of people like this.

I agree that her thinking is messed up... Doesn't the rider of the bike have a responsibility to make sure it is safe to pull out too? Now if she was driving down the road, and the bike was in the same lane, and she side swiped him then she is 100% at fault whether she was texting or not.

Well upon further investigation... She was def at fault as she hit him from behind per this report, and sot hit on the side (sounds like she hit him from behind with the side of the car). "He also suffered a broken big toe and lacerations to his head and body.

The court heard that the victim couldn’t believe that Davis rang triple-0 after the accident but refused to offer him help after she parked 100 metres up the road.

Even more stunning was Davis’ answers when interviewed by police two days after the accident and asked about using her phone.

“I just don’t care because I’ve already been through a lot of bullshit and my car is like pretty expensive and now I have to fix it,” she told a police officer.

“I’m kind of pissed off that the cyclist has hit the side of my car. I don’t agree that people texting and driving could hit a cyclist. I wasn’t on my phone when I hit the cyclist.”

Davis had driven from a supermarket in east Warrnambool to just west of Koroit when she hit the cyclist at 7.20pm on September 20 last year on the Penshurst-Warrnambool Road.

The cyclist was on the edge of the road heading west when Davis hit him from behind, despite there being lights on the back and front of his bike.

Records showed Davis used her phone 44 times in her drive from east Warrnambool to Koroit, sending and receiving 22 text messages to seven different phones.

At 7.18pm she received a text message and 51 seconds later made the call to triple-0 after hitting the rider.

Magistrate John Lesser said there were issues surrounding the case of great community significance, especially drivers using mobile telephones.

He noted that Davis’ comments were poorly put when she was interviewed by police.

Mr Lesser noted that yesterday a Terang family business was fined $17,500 with more than $3000 costs after a workplace accident and the injuries caused were not as significant as those suffered by the rider.

The wife of the bike rider was in court for the hearing yesterday and was deeply disappointed Davis did not lose her licence for longer."

I find it interesting that she says in one part that the cyclist hit her car but then in another sentence she says she wasn't on the phone when she hit the cyclist. She can't even get her story straight. Hopefully they will never give her her license back... Which means she won't have to worry about the expense of fixing her pretty car and can just sell it.

Edited by Ron

She will live to text and drive another day. Hell, she is most likely driving today with her self centeredness.

She most likely is still driving... I remember in California years back when they would take a persons car when they were arrested for repeat drunk driving. This didn't last long and soon the rich were driving their cars again with out a license and still drunk. Pretty messed up if you ask me.

#1 She should be spayed like a dog or cat to prevent reproduction. We don't need more drivers on the road like her.

#2 She should be confined to jail for 30 days and forced to watch videos of traffic accidents. This need to happen where she has a deadman switch. If she falls asleep and lets go of the button, she would be rewarded by by going back and start the videos all over again, as well as her time in jail. Of course she will need breaks for the bathroom and to eat.

#3 She should permanently lose her driver's license and be forced to ride a bicycle or use mass transit as her car was auctioned off to pay for her victims medical bills and inconvenience.

#4 After 20 years of riding a bicycle and using mass transit, she should be offered the opportunity to write an essay as to why her drivers license and right to own a car should be returned. This should be reviewed by the bicycle rider and parole board. If she does pass with the parole board, she should have to take a driving class prior to applying for a drivers license.

#5 Should she fail she should have to wait 2 years to try again. If she fails again..

#6 She should have to wait 5 years for her next attempt to write an essay as to why her driving privileges should be restored.

#7 Should she fail the last attempt. Write her off as hopeless and never give her another chance to drive again.

#8 Make all these requirements known from the start so she will have plenty of time to write her essay on why she should be allowed to drive. Sounds like she is going to need lots of time to think about the essays she will need to write.

• Like 1