24 bit dac question

davis419b

Device usage - make sure "Use this device(enable)" is selected

I still believe this is the problem. The DAC doesn't show up for him to select it as the default device.

Can you take the DAC and plug it into another computer and see if it recognizes it?

:) Now Michael I have reached the limit of my usefulness, I defer to you and will STFU. :)

Don't be that way eth2 as you have been a lot of help ! I am going to try and get my nephew over here tonight as he is very computer smart and get this dac loaded as a device.

That is the page I went to but mine does not say dacmagic 100 in the upper right hand corner

I was not being disingenuous. This is the point where I went to someone who was more computer literate than me.

I do not understand what you mean when you say that mine does not say "Dacmagic 100 in the corner," Are you talking about the webpage or the DAC itself?

Edited by eth2

Don, the only thing I can offer is to ship you an Emotiva DAC that supports USB and 24 bit to play with. I have two sitting here; a -1 and a -2. Let me know if you wanna play as I KNOW that they work on Windows 7 and USB.

Edit: but with these I would just use digital out of the PC and forget the usb, loaner as long as you need.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

Don, the only thing I can offer is to ship you an Emotiva DAC that supports USB and 24 bit to play with. I have two sitting here; a -1 and a -2. Let me know if you wanna play as I KNOW that they work on Windows 7 and USB.

First, I applaud the spirit of entrepreneurship alive and well in the Forum

Second, I an attest to the quality of USNRET's used equipment and his integrity as a seller.

Let me know if you wanna play as I KNOW that they work on Windows 7 and USB.
I could probably say the same thing about the Dragonfly, but I realize I probably sound like I'm tooting their horn. :o

Well, I owe Don as he gifted a receiver to my daughter a few years back.

Let me know if you wanna play as I KNOW that they work on Windows 7 and USB.
I could probably say the same thing about the Dragonfly, but I realize I probably sound like I'm tooting their horn. :o

Well, I owe Don as he gifted a receiver to my daughter a few years back.

I still believe this is the problem. The DAC doesn't show up for him to select it as the default device.

Can you take the DAC and plug it into another computer and see if it recognizes it?

I got speakmiester to help me load it while on the phone. Its shows up in devices as C-media USB but I couldn't get that to load on my desktop. I took the other Cabridge dac to my home computer and plugged in and it immediately loaded also as C-Media USB so I am going to say it is loaded in the music system under devices. That is as far as I got then speakmiester had company walk in and had to go so that's where I am at.

Edit: but with these I would just use digital out of the PC and forget the usb, loaner as long as you need.

Wow Mike that would be great !

Wow Mike that would be great !

PM the address again so I don't have to search and I'll get the -2 out to you. Here's you some light reading until it arrives. http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/processors/products/xda2

I assume that you have either optical or coaxial out of the PC since I saw 'digital out" in an above post and that you have the necessary cable.